Soda in the Buffet

newlife_2010

On Conquest there was a spigot of sprite and coke right in the buffet area, where they could refill your glass.

You just go up like you are getting ice tea, in the front area of the buffet at least, and instead of tea or lemonaide, there was a place for coke, you didnt have to even go outside to the bar area.

There are no self-service soda machines anywhere on the ship. You have to go to the bar.

I found the bar glasses generally too small, but the plastic glasses you get in the pool area were a good bit larger and quite adequate.

In general, I found the soda card to no be worth the price due to the hassle of using it. Also, since the bar staff knows you are not going to tip them, they are not always eager to serve you.

You can bring your own soda onboard and use ice from the buffet if you want.

We had the soda cards once, and I wouldn't do it again. We just bring a 12 pack of sodas and grab one from the cabin before heading to the Lido deck for lunch. If they had fountain soda on board, I would totally get the soda card, but if all I'm getting is a warm can of Diet Coke poured over ice into a small glass, I'd rather just bring my own and save the money.

There are no self-service soda machines anywhere on the ship. You have to go to the bar.

I wasnt implying they were self service, there is usually someone standing there. Heck I couldnt even put ice in my own glass in the buffet without them insisting on doing it.

But there was certainly coke and spite in one of the machines in the buffet. I know we went when it was kinda late late lunch and quiet over there and got some in a glass and my sister drank it and sure enough it was coke. but no, Im sure you arent supposed to just go and self self to fill your own glass, we just caught a non busy time and did it.

It was near the entrance to the buffet, near the pool where it was on the Conquest. Im not talking about a self serve place where there are tea and other things you can just get for yourself .... this was just as you walked into the buffet area, maybe its a new area. Conquest went thru dry dock recently. I am sure it was inside the buffet, right past where they greet you hello.

I read juice and water is in the buffet, but how do you get soda? Are there bar people in there who give you the soda?

You can order Soda with your card from the people that work in the buffet area, it is usually easier to go to the bar before going to the buffet. But I have done both without any problems

I wasnt implying they were self service, there is usually someone standing there. Heck I couldnt even put ice in my own glass in the buffet without them insisting on doing it.

But there was certainly coke and spite in one of the machines in the buffet. I know we went when it was kinda late late lunch and quiet over there and got some in a glass and my sister drank it and sure enough it was coke. but no, Im sure you arent supposed to just go and self self to fill your own glass, we just caught a non busy time and did it.

It was near the entrance to the buffet, near the pool where it was on the Conquest. Im not talking about a self serve place where there are tea and other things you can just get for yourself .... this was just as you walked into the buffet area, maybe its a new area. Conquest went thru dry dock recently. I am sure it was inside the buffet, right past where they greet you hello.

When we were there in Feb. I don't recall seeing anything like that in the buffet area. The only thing I saw was the tea and lemonade dispenser. Although I may have overlooked it also.

Archived