independence of the seas - dress code

Going on Med. cruise on Independence of the Seas in September 2009 - first time with RCI.

Dress code as far as I can see is ...

Format - tux or suit

Informal - jacket/blazer trousers shirt tie.

Casual - open necked shirt (short- sleeved OK), and trousers.

1) Can anyone advise roughly what the % split on formal nights is between tux and suits.

2) Is it OK to wear a suit on informal l nights - i.e. does it look out of place.

Thanks

Rannoch

20-25% tux

40-50% suit/jacket-tie

balance, ignores the recommended dress code

informal and casual; truly now mixed, few ties, but you will still see sport jackets and some suits

You have found a great place for info on RCI but beware! There are those that hate the recommended dress codes and those that stick by it like a life preserver. Do not let either point of view get in the way of good info from posters.

Me, I say ban the non-tux folks to two day leftovers from the crew's meals on formal nights! Pls note, I am kidding....

Tex got it about right from my experience. Two day leftovers...ROTFL.gif

Suits on non formal nights..you won't see many but you sure can wear one if you wish.

You'll probably have a few people second guessing whethers its a formal night on your way to the dining room. :)

Thanks for the information - didn't want to feel like a fish out of water - very weak pun sadly intended!

For formal I'll take a suit.

For informal, sports jacket and trousers (shirt/tie)

Casual - short sleeved shirt/no tie, trousers.

I was on a celebrity cruise a couple of years ago, and I found myself a bit peeved when someone came to dinner wearing a casual shirt when it was supposed to be informal (informal on celebrity was a suit), and no member of staff said anything.

I also know from experience that the airline luggage restrictions causes a problem with the amount you decide to take (e.g. I wore a suit for both formal and informal nights on celebrity)

Thanks

Rannoch

• 1 month later...

Speaking as a semi young person (under 30 anyway) I would say that for us younger folk formal and informal are very different - we can go to a very nice restaurant in london and be allowed in wearing jeans - my husband only every wore a suit and jacket on formal nights the last time we were on this ship and most of the other young men are age werent wearing jackets - and no-one said anything and why would they? We are on holiday and I would be extremely angry if I was told that my dress wasnt formal enough to allow entry into the dinning room - I mean for g-ds sake we are all they to enjoy ourselves does it really matter what we are wearing?

Archived