Parking in NO and Anytime Dining on Fantasy

I should know this by now, but can anybody tell me how much it is a day to park in New Orleans? Also, has anybody done the anytime dining on the Fantasy. This is my 4th cruise on her, but my first for anytime dining. Exactly how does this work? Any responses will be greatly appreciated!! This time next week, we'll be snorkeling in Cozumel!!! WooHoo!!!! :p

Thanks

My husband and I will be sailing on July 30th and are signed up for anytime dining as well. We sailed on the Fantasy in March, and that was not an option. We'll be traveling with another couple this time and are curious about how that works as well.

Parking at the port, I think, was about $15.00 per day. You'd think we'd remember exactly how much since it was just in March, but I'm not positive. It was no more than that for sure.

On the July 11th cruise, parking was $80 for the 5 day cruise so $16/day.

We did Anytime Dining--

They assign you a dining room. You can choose when to eat any time between 5:45pm-9pm (give or take a few minutes). When you arrive there is sign that points you to the right for assigned dining and the left for the Your Time dining. They ask your number of guests and room number when you get to the hostess. If there is a table available, they will then seat you. If there isn't, then they will assign a pager that works in all public areas of the ship. When it is your time, the pager says there is a table available and it lights up. You just bring the blinking pager to the hostess and she will seat you.

We only had to wait the last night. It was only a 15-20 min wait. We just sat in the Library next to the Celebration Dining Room.

We enjoyed being able to eat when we were ready. However, the service was noticeably slower than assigned dining.

If you have any additional questions, I would be happy to try to answer them:o

• 2 months later...

We travel in a small, and I mean small, (business reasons). It's just big enough that we'll have to park in the area for oversized vehicles, which we're used to, but OMG, I just checked and it's $32 a day! Jax and Charleston were $25pd for oversized vehicles which I think is fair, but $32!! This will be the first and only time N.O. robs me for $160 for a 5-day cruise.

You take up two spaces, you pay for two spaces. Seems fair to me.

You might see how much these folks want:

http://www.machupicchutours.com/Cruise%20ship%20transportation%20and%20parking.htm

Yeah, it's fair to you. You're not parking another block away in an uncovered auxiliary lot. Too, it's only 23ft long, it's not a dang bus, but it's all good, I'm not here get your approval, I simply made an observation comparing N.O. to the other ports which we have sailed from.

Thanks for the link though, I guess it could be worse, lol.

I can vouch for Machu Picchu Tours for parking. I parked there in June, and would recommend it. The lot is fenced in, and we had no problems. When we got off the ship, we made a quick phone call and they were there to pick us up in 5 minutes or so. I'm cruising from New Orleans again in February, and will use them again.

I don't know what they charge for over-sized vehicles, but I do know they have space for one, so I'd suggest checking them out at least.

Here's a link to their website:

http://www.nocruiseshipparking.com/

Archived