Bar set-up in cabin

I know you can't bring liquor on board (this has been addressed to death!), but can you request a bar set-up in your stateroom, which you pay for, of course? We'll be sailing on Monarch of the Seas on 8/7 and enjoy having cocktails in our cabin. Thanks in advance for all responses...

We sailed with some friends who were in a GS and wanted to have a get together. They arranged for snacks (sandwiches, cheese, fruit, etc) to be brought and also a "bar setup". Catch with that was that they had to pay for a "bartender" to be present too. All in all, it was nice....just glad I didn't have to pay!:o

We sailed with some friends who were in a GS and wanted to have a get together. They arranged for snacks (sandwiches, cheese, fruit, etc) to be brought and also a "bar setup". Catch with that was that they had to pay for a "bartender" to be present too. All in all, it was nice....just glad I didn't have to pay!:o

While I think that´s not the kind of Bar Setup thre OP was thinking about, it´s correct. You can have a party in cour room with a bartender mixing drinks, but they will not sell you bottles of liquor for your room.

We have sailed on RCL a couple times where we had a bar set up without having a bartender, once in a GS the other time in the PS. We were told it was OK as both suites had an area to set the bar up in - was expensive but well worth it. In the PS they even came everyday to refresh the glasses and mixers.

I know you can't bring liquor on board (this has been addressed to death!), but can you request a bar set-up in your stateroom, which you pay for, of course? We'll be sailing on Monarch of the Seas on 8/7 and enjoy having cocktails in our cabin. Thanks in advance for all responses...

:cool:Yes you can. You can go online, under rum runners, order some, and take what ever you want. They work fine, do not break, and fly in under the radar. I order two bottles of wine for my room ahead of time, but always bring my booze. Pick up mixers on the way to the port, and you are ready to go:cool:

Thanks, sailawayjack. Just ordered the rum runners on line. Are they really undetectable in checked luggage? It just sounds too good to be true!

Its not so much that they are undetectable, it is what they look like. NOTHING that you put in your bags is undetectable. It all shows up, but all the stuff is a different color (blue, black, orange, green) depending on what it is. Depending on where you put them and what you put them by, they can stick out like a sore thumb. Put them with your toiletries, they can easily be seen. Put them in the middle of your clothes and they can't really be seen as well because they are the same color as your clothes (orange). It's kind of hard to explain how those pesky X-ray machines work but if you follow the directions that come with them and they are less likely to be seen by the technician.

Archived