Los Angeles

owenmahamilton

I am booked on the Queen Elizabeth in January 2011 on the New York to Los Angeles portion of the World Cruise and am spending 2 nights in Los Angeles after the cruise. I have never been to Los Angeles before and wondered what anyone's recommendations are for things to do while there, bearing in mind that I am a wheelchair user. Thanks for any helpful replies.

Owen Hamilton

There is such a breadth of things to do in LA--do you have any particular interests that you might want to explore. I have a friend that I met on a cruise in March who lives in California and specializes in travel and tours that are wheelchair accessible and will ask him if he has any suggestions.

One of the regular posters here also lives in LA area and might have some suggestions for you.

I am booked on the Queen Elizabeth in January 2011 on the New York to Los Angeles portion of the World Cruise and am spending 2 nights in Los Angeles after the cruise. I have never been to Los Angeles before and wondered what anyone's recommendations are for things to do while there, bearing in mind that I am a wheelchair user. Thanks for any helpful replies.

Owen Hamilton

J. Paul Getty Museum.

If you are interested in ships you can visit and or spend a night or two aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach which is located next to Los Angeles.This is what I did in January 2006 when I did the New York to Los Angeles segment of the QE2's World Cruise.Here is the website http://www.queenmary.com Regards,Jerry

Just go the West Coast Departure and ask the same questions to Curt Jerome Wild. He is a local, I'm a local too, but Curt realy knows his way around. He will give you details and and will plan the whole itinerary for you. He will also ask a lot of questions. Give it a try here is the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

Owen, I live in the Los Angeles area, Pasadena to be specific. The area is large and there is limited public tranport, and though they are handicapped accessable, travel can be a bit daunting. It would be helpful to know what you are interested in eg. arts, museums, restaurants, sight seeing and I can be more helpful once I know your interests.

This January, I did the QV on the NYC to LAX trip through the Panama canal, so I guarantee you will have a great time.

I live about 5 miles from where the ship comes in. Los Angeles is BIG. if you can tell us where in LA you will be staying we can give you an idea of what is around. Unfortunately, a car is probably going to be a necessary evil to do any of the sights in LA.

Archived