Reef Shoes in shops

sunbaker

Hi, haven't been on my first cruise yet, but from previous posts I've read yes they do sell the reef shoes on board.

Other suggestion though would be to ask the stores if they have any out back as between seasons they sometimes put them in the store room. You may need to ask a manager and not just the young floor casual floor staff. I bought my daughters from Big W and the rest of the family from Sam's Warehouse (really cheap). You can also try Kmart, Target, Annaconda, Amart, dive shops etc. I would ring around a few and ask before driving all over the place. Try doing a search on here to see where people have bought them, there are a few threads about reef shoes. (if the search is working :eek:)

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Cheers

Jingles.:)

I am having alot of trouble finding reef shoes in cold old Melbourne. Can any recent cruisers on Pacific Dawn tell me if they saw Reef Shoes in the shops on board?? And plenty of sizes/stock etc...

Please help!!!

hi sunbaker, i bought mine from BigW for $8.48

rkmw

Some shoe stores also sell them - a little bit dearer than big w and Sams but they are good. The other option is to go to a surf shop, probly cost you $30 but you can get like these reef shoes that come up just past your ankles... they look a bit silly (i think they are for surfers/wetsuits... but protects a bit more of your feet/ankle.

Here is a pic with what i was talking about....956.41484_d.jpg

Hi,

We got our at Kmart, last winter. They were hard to locate, as there was only one single 'rack' for both mens and womens. We had to ask, as had missed seeing them when looking on previous occasions. The Kmart ones are a deep blue, and were around $12. Good luck.

Bob and Jen

Just got off Pacific Dawn on Friday and yes they sell reef shoes onboard. I only noticed adult sizes and they did have plenty of them. If you are a standard size foot you shouldn't have a problem. My son is a mens size 12 and I am glad I bought his at kmart before we went. From memory the ones onboard are $29.95 a pair and mine from kmart were around $10 a pair. The pairs from the ship are a much better quality than the ones I took but mine were fine.

I bought reef shoes from Big W 2 weeks ago. Just ask someone in the shoe section to help you locate them. They were about $9.00. They have ladies, mens and children's sizes :).

I am having alot of trouble finding reef shoes in cold old Melbourne. Can any recent cruisers on Pacific Dawn tell me if they saw Reef Shoes in the shops on board?? And plenty of sizes/stock etc...

Please help!!!

In Melbourne you should be able to buy them at Big W, Kmart or even Spendless / Payless Shoes

Yes, they definatly have on Pacific Dawn at the Aqua hut (you can also hire snorkelling gear etc... from there) and also they sell them in the shop as well,(the shop on deck 7 I think it is, along with clothing etc...) so no worries there. They are really good quality, as is the snorkelling gear. When hiring you return the flippers and keep the snorkel (due to health reasons, they cant re-use) Good luck, you will have a great time.... Fiona

Thanks so much guys. I will make another trip to the shops.

I did look Shoe Shops, Kmart, Rebel Sport, etc, but I didn't really know what I was looking for and did not ask.

Thanks for the photo and more info I will go back and find them this time!!!

What a great, helpful forum!!!

Archived