Carnival On-Ship Jewelry Purchase Awareness

Scott_F

i have never had any problems with my purchase on any cruiseship..yet,

we find everyday items to be over priced..and the way their jewelry

is merchandised would have you believe your saving half the price..

my watch died on me and of course i was drooling over the watchs..and saw a Tommy Bahama..luckily the wife was looking over my shoulder :cool:

when we got home i went to Costco and bought the watch for half the

price..:D

though razors, munchies, various toiletries are much higher..we still buy them cuz..WE FORGOT THEM:mad:

oh yay Scott! Glad to hear the happy ending to your frustrating situation. Can you post a picture of the ring? (well, it's not really necessary, but if you feel like sharing...)

I love ogling the jewellery on the ship, and have always wondered if it's safe to purchase. Sounds like it's high quality stuff, but not easy if it's not the right size to begin with.

Haha. Here's a shot of her with the ring as we were buying it. She's pretty depressed you can tell. My daughters camera sort of crapped out and it's not a very good shot of the ring.

web.jpg?ver=12501202620002

Several years ago, aboard the Valor, my husband purchased as a birthday gift a beautiful watch with diamond chips around the face of the watch. A few months after I returned one of the chips fell out. I had gathered all the necessary information aboard in case a mishap like this occurred and went directly to where they had told me and was able to resolve the matter effortlessly and fairly quick. I got my watch back as good as new about 30 days after I sent it to them. I was happy with the service & speed. http://www.starboardcruise.com/Sizing.htm

You are so right they don't like complaints right now especially! :eek:

My last cruise was a mess they switched my room without asking! They said it was an upgrade. It was not but they always call me first I have been on a few cruises ya know! The room I was given had mold issues yes black mold from the air coming in the room I was sick for 2 1/2 weeks so was my son. They said too bad more or less

WOW, 43 CCL Cruises under your belt! You must be a SUPER-VIP-PLATINUM!!!!!!!

Which I guess is why Carnival's warranty becomes void if anyone but Carnival resizes. Makes sense to me. Wish we'd been told that from the get-go.

No matter who sizes a ring, channel set diamond are more prone to pop out of their settings since they fit like a puzzle -- no prongs to secure them. To resize a ring, it actually has to be cut and almost flattened out before more gold is added. During the time it is in the "bent" position the danger of losing one or more stones from the setting is highly possible.

While channel set diamonds may look nice, they are not practical. Jewellers do not like to work with channel set diamonds because of the above situation.

Your wife chose the ring because she liked it. That is the important thing to remember. She will wear it and continue to enjoy it every time she looks at it. :D

If she is happy, you will be happier!

MARAPRINCE

Archived