Over hand on balcony?

uneamie

Our cabin # is 11546 mid ship on Gem.....from what I can see there looks like a huge "overhang" on deck 12 above us. Does anyone know if this overhang is going to make our balcony less desirable. I do not necessarily have to have sun.. in fact I'd rather not have it...but at the same time I don't want my view of the stars and the sky to be blocked either. Has anyone stayed in a mid ship mini suite with the over hang over their balcony? :rolleyes:

Our cabin # is 11546 mid ship on Gem.....from what I can see there looks like a huge "overhang" on deck 12 above us. Does anyone know if this overhang is going to make our balcony less desirable. I do not necessarily have to have sun.. in fact I'd rather not have it...but at the same time I don't want my view of the stars and the sky to be blocked either. Has anyone stayed in a mid ship mini suite with the over hang over their balcony? :rolleyes:

Been there, done that (not necessarily that particular cabin)...and you'll be just fine.

I have not been in a similar cabin, but from looking at the pictures, the overhang appears to me to be about as deep as your balcony, or maybe a bit more. You will not be able to look straight up from your railing to see the stars, but you will be able to see stars.

That is the pool deck area and you may also hear some chairs being moved around on the deck early in the morining due to cleaning of that area.

Thanks everyone... I guess I can live with it. Also, noise does not bother us as long as it's not ungodly loud so I don't think that will be a problem. Just didn't want that over hang to be beyond our balcony but oh well!

Archived