Norwegian Epic picture from shipyard

GregD

Amazing.

It always amazes me that as soon as pics are posted, people whose aliases I've never (or very rarely) seen on NCL board are all over the thread about how they don't like the ship.

Strange.

Amazing.

It always amazes me that as soon as pics are posted, people whose aliases I've never (or very rarely) seen on NCL board are all over the thread about how they don't like the ship.

Strange.

Could that be because it truly is ugly???

Amazing.

Strange.

I think it is VERY unnatractive. The fact that I have less than 2,100 posts does not mean my opinion doesn't count.

Nothing to do with number of posts. I think there are a lot of regular posters on other lines, who come over to take a jab whenever they think they can.

Personally, I think she's a beautiful ship, very avian in her form, with plumage atop.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I really mean no disrespect, but...

I think many "regular" posters really get offended when an opinion is raised that is in contrast with theirs. I have seen other examples (I can't think of any off the top of my head), where a person will say they didn't like something about a cruise, or a ship - and people come back angry with them...for stating their opinion. I think some people that prefer a ship or a cruise line, cannot tolerate other people's opionions - for whatever reason. It is not a personal attack. for example, if you said my dog was ugly, I'd be offended....but to become angry or suspicious because somene said a ship was ugly.....c'mon.

Well regardless of beauty or not, I think NCL struck gold by making a bold profile. It is because of this, we can't stop talking about the ship, and this constant bringing her into the daily news is exactly what a small player like NCL NEEDS!

Nothing to do with number of posts. I think there are a lot of regular posters on other lines, who come over to take a jab whenever they think they can.

Personally, I think she's a beautiful ship, very avian in her form, with plumage atop.

I was a regular over here on the NCL boards (having sailed on Crown, Jewel & Gem), but then I changed to Olsen & Costa for my cruise experience, I still read through the NCL boards though since some who I cruised with before still post.

Apologies if my opinion of Epic upsets you so much.

Well I think that we still shouldn't make up our minds entirely just yet. Wait to see what the ship looks like with a fresh coat of paint on it and the shiney glass, etc. I mean come on rusted steel is of course goning to skew a few views on appearance

I'm booked on the Epic next Sept. Given it's size and all it has to offer, I'm sure I'll think it's gorgeous when I'm standing on the deck!:D

Just as an FYI...the top part that some are complaining about is the "ship within a ship." It's villas and owner's suites with their own private courtyard/pool, restaurant, and nightspot.

• 1 month later...

Regardless if one finds the ship "ugly" or "beautiful", the real success of the ship will be determined once she begins her weekly travels and the reviews start to come in. I think many people do not accept change very well and if something is not of the "norm" of what they are accustom to, they do not accept it well. I know some people who find ALL modern-day cruise ships ugly and long for the days of the 3 and 4 stack ocean-liner look of such ships as Titanic or Queen Mary. As the future progresses, the look of things are going to change.

All this ugly talk is quite entertaining. "The Hat" as NCL Execs call the Courtyard area for the high rollers seems to be ugly to the low rollers. That is OK since I am mid roller and am a Spa Balcony that could be Spa Suite when my balcony will be sold to someone. I am very excited having attended the Vegas presentation with the former President. And now seeing the ship take form. The photos from CC's Dan Akins of a room with gas hookups on the floor for the tables of Teppanyaki cooks & the eisle holding a artist's rendering of what it will look like when done. So now til January all will take shape as wallpaper, carpet, staterooms slide in & electricity & plumbing hooked up. Then the pool area with water slides will be built, then the bars, the dancefloors, the restaurants.

So now is the skeleton that will be filling up as deliveries are made to be installed. Then by January, the crew will be there to meet their Captain, which I was told is Dawn's Captain. Then the builders & their families will be the first guests to enjoy at week at sea, which they are looking for problems: leaks, waterslides not filling up or fat folks getting stuck, etc. They will eat, sleep as you & I will as paid customers. So it must be perfect. NCL takes ownership from the shipyard & then it is off to Germany and where else before England to pick up TA customers to NYC.

So this is the exciting part! Hope CC personnel can get photos as it grows inside.

Well regardless of beauty or not, I think NCL struck gold by making a bold profile. It is because of this, we can't stop talking about the ship, and this constant bringing her into the daily news is exactly what a small player like NCL NEEDS!

With Queen Mary 2 & other ships to keep them happy.

Regardless if one finds the ship "ugly" or "beautiful", the real success of the ship will be determined once she begins her weekly travels and the reviews start to come in. I think many people do not accept change very well and if something is not of the "norm" of what they are accustom to, they do not accept it well. I know some people who find ALL modern-day cruise ships ugly and long for the days of the 3 and 4 stack ocean-liner look of such ships as Titanic or Queen Mary. As the future progresses, the look of things are going to change.

Archived