Statendam questions from HAL newbie

CanCruzer

I'm wondering if anyone has the answers to a couple of my questions about the Statendam.

1) Are there any elliptical training machines in the gym?

2) I've read the in-room safes use cards to access them vs a code you punch in. Do they issue the cards and can each person in the cabin get one, or do you use your own magnetic card (as I've seen on Carnival)? We are wondering if we'll have any problems with only one person having ready access to the safe.

3) Is there a laundry room on the ship where guests can do their own laundry and if so, do you need to bring coins, soap, etc. and is there an iron available?

Thanks in advance.

I'm wondering if anyone has the answers to a couple of my questions about the Statendam.

1) Are there any elliptical training machines in the gym?

2) I've read the in-room safes use cards to access them vs a code you punch in. Do they issue the cards and can each person in the cabin get one, or do you use your own magnetic card (as I've seen on Carnival)? We are wondering if we'll have any problems with only one person having ready access to the safe.

3) Is there a laundry room on the ship where guests can do their own laundry and if so, do you need to bring coins, soap, etc. and is there an iron available?

Thanks in advance.

I just got back from the wonderful Statendam just yesterday. We had a great time!!!!

There are 3 or 4 elliptical machines in the gym.

The cards for the safe are given to by the front desk or they may be left in your room. They have holes in them. You do not need a card of your own to work the safe.

There are laundry machines on deck 5, 6, and 9. They have soap that you just push a button when you start the machine. I put dryer sheets in my suitcase to make my clothes fresh and then used them in the dryer. They are not strong dryers. I used the high level and nothing happened to any of my clothes. I used them medium on one load and it did not all get dry.

I hope you have wonderful time!!! My Mom and I had a great time.:)

The Statendam is the only ship that still used the old key card with pre=punched holes in it for the safe. It will already be in the slot in the safe when you get on the ship.

The washers are $2 -- 8 quarters.

The dryers are $1 -- 4 quarters.

You can get the quarters at the front desk so you not have to lug your own.

Can you get more than one safe "key" so that each of us can have one?

Once you lock the safe, you have to hide the key somewhere else in your cabin for each to have access when the other isn't around.

It's really not a problem, as others don't know that you've done that---let alone where the key is.

Archived