Local Beer

unionville3

We like to purchase local beer (a pack of 6 bottles) while in foreign ports and bring back on the ship to enjoy. We've been able to just carry it on in a shopping bag with Disney, Princess, and Holland America. Will this work on Carnival? Thank you!

We like to purchase a local beer while in foreign ports and bring back on the ship to enjoy. We've been able to just carry it on in a shopping bag with Disney, Princess, and Holland America. Will this work on Carnival? Thank you!

Works for me, but I don't try to bring on a case of beer.

I have never been hassled at a port call for bringing beer on board, not even on NCL! Only for bottles of liquor which I am happy to check.

I usually buy a six-pack or perhaps two if I can't decide between brands. :cool: On Carnival Spirit last year I brought a case of Longboard Lager on for our deck party. I put the 24 bottles in my backpack. Going through the x-ray security asked me if I had beer. I said "yes, yes I do". Security said ok, and off I went. I don't know if this was standard or not but I figured if the beer was in a box they would be more inclined to impound it. I don't know for sure if that would have happened but 24 individual bottles would be a hassle for them I'm sure.

I always bring beer back from port in a beach bag. Usually a 6 or 12 pack. One time I was told to go to the table and check it in. The line was so long I just walked by and no one said anything. That was 1 time out of about 100. Just don't flaunt it and put it in a bag. You should be OK.

Kevin

I have found that some ports are "known" for alcohol and the staff watches more closely there. St Thomas is one example.

If you time your return to the ship to be close to the deadline, the alcohol table may be deserted.

I have also had the x-ray detect my bottles, and directed to the alcohol table. Usually, if the person at the table did not see them point you over there, just walk by it and smile. Everyone is usually busy at the gangway and you can often get away with it. If they catch you, go back out and buy more beer and try again!

Archived