Review Caribbean Princess 7/26-8/4

GrammieK

I feel so bad your Riviera deck suite was so bad with the noise.

I was in R 404 & did hear chair scraping at times..

.but nothing that kept me from sleeping...

I would have been so upset if I were you.....

b

COFFEE!!! I have been on a number of different cruise lines and have never, ever tasted such crap!! It was always fresh brewed, not syrup. I am sorry if I insult anyone, but the coffee is downright undrinkable! I like my coffee, I need my coffee, had to PAY for fresh brewed coffee on this cruise (and had to go to the 5th deck).

All the mainstream cruise lines use concentrated syrup to make their coffee. Princess is no different. I must have a coffee card when I cruise.

It's been a while since I've been on Princess, but now I remember the horrible coffee. We'll be on the CB in Oct also. I might pick up some Folger's coffee bags and just get hot water!

Wouldn't you think that after all these years and complaints they could figure out how to make coffee?

I know that some of my friends have already answered this, but the parking cost was 183 for the 9 day cruise (23 for day 1 and 20 for each additional day) It couldn't have been easier! We arrived around 10 a.m. and found a space in the first row (we could watch our car as we left) and when we returned, the porter walked us to the car with the pallet of luggage and we were off by 9:00 a.m.! What a breeze! The lot was not full when we left or when we returned!

I kinow that a lot people say call the dine line, but we were directed to the tables on deck 7 outside of sabatini's and the wheelhouse bar. Reservations were accepted on embarkation day.

COFFEE!!! I have been on a number of different cruise lines and have never, ever tasted such crap!! It was always fresh brewed, not syrup. I am sorry if I insult anyone, but the coffee is downright undrinkable! I like my coffee, I need my coffee, had to PAY for fresh brewed coffee on this cruise (and had to go to the 5th deck). Another couple at our table saide that they didn't think it was "too bad." They also ordered tea or cappuccino each night at dinner.

Enjoy your uncoming cruises!

Kathie

Im just curious as to why you would rather spend 183 dollars to park at the pier for a week when you live in Long Island and could very easily had taken a train for much less.......We always take cruises from NY and we always take the train from Pennsylvania and it is 40 dollars per person round trip.....do the math, 80 dollars for a week or 183 dollars for a week...:eek::eek::rolleyes:

Prg2101

It would seem so - however it's one of those "you can't get there from here." We would have to take the LIRR (elevated platform, lots of louggage) to Flatbush Ave, changes to the A train (or is it the 1, 2, 3???). Drag all of the luggage first to the subway, then up to the street, get a cab that could fit us and all of our luggage. There are not porters on the LIRR or in the subway (if someone offers to take your luggage, they realllly will!)

LIRR - $60 (approx)

Subway - $10 (")

Cab - $40 (")

Having our car waiting at the pier - PRICELESS

Archived