Review Caribbean Princess 7/26-8/4

GrammieK

GrammieK,

Thanks for the review. Will be on the CB Sept 5 . We will be driving to the pier, any suggestions as to getting to the pier and dropping off luggage and MIL before parking? Also what about the parking -ease, safety and price? Thanks so much for this info.

The Ultimate Kids Package was great. All the mocktails, milkshakes, soda etc you could want. They sold it to anyone, with the sign saying it was for kids from 1 to 102. Cost was around $9 per day and well worth it.

Is it $9 plus 15%? Can you get milkshakes and mocktails at any of the bars or only certain ones? Does this also include juice?

GrammieK,

Thanks for the review. Will be on the CB Sept 5 . We will be driving to the pier, any suggestions as to getting to the pier and dropping off luggage and MIL before parking? Also what about the parking -ease, safety and price? Thanks so much for this info.

Parking is just steps away from the drop off point, it is in the same parking lot. You can drop off your bags with the porters and just park. Someone else may be able to chime in about price. Have a great cruise.

Parking is just steps away from the drop off point, it is in the same parking lot. You can drop off your bags with the porters and just park. Someone else may be able to chime in about price. Have a great cruise.

Just want to reiterate how easy the parking situation was. I dropped off husband and daughter at the curb with bags and they dealt with the porter while I parked the car. I met up with them a few minutes later to handle all of our processing (that was easy, too!)

It's $20/day to park long term in that lot.

Here's more info on the terminal in Brooklyn:

http://www.nycruise.com/parkBKN.html

Enjoy your cruise!

-Mizbear

Is it $9 plus 15%? Can you get milkshakes and mocktails at any of the bars or only certain ones? Does this also include juice?

Yes. The total cost for the 9 days was $93.15. You could get mocktails at any bar with no problem. Milkshakes were available only at scoops. We did not try to get any juice so I don't know the answer to that. I did jet juice in the morning at the buffet and with the continental breakfast room service, but that is the only time any of us requested it.

The coffee is made from a syrup,( think about making fresh brewed coffee for 3000). That is why most people don't enjoy the coffee. The International Cafe is the only place you can get fresh brewed, but I think it is worth the trip. Their specialty coffees are pretty good too.

As for the pursers desk I can say I have never in all my cruises had anyone not be anything but helpful. I have never had a problem.

Glad you had a nice time. Hope getting back to reality doesn't hurt too mush.

The coffee is made from a syrup' date='( think about making fresh brewed coffee for 3000). That is why most people don't enjoy the coffee. .[/quote']Well then what do the other cruiselines do? Never read any complaints about coffees on other cruiselines.

Well then what do the other cruiselines do? Never read any complaints about coffees on other cruiselines.

I'll have to complain about RCI, NCL, Costa, & Celebrity (but not as much). Princess is comparable if anything & I believe they all use the liquid stuff to make their regular coffee.

Thanks for the review GrammieK

We are on CB in late September and are really looking forward to it, first time in mainland US and hoping for some gorgeous Autumn colours in New England. This is the first time we have heard about chef's table dinners and have decided we are going to book it if we can, everyone gives it such a rave review.

I'll have to complain about RCI, NCL, Costa, & Celebrity (but not as much). Princess is comparable if anything & I believe they all use the liquid stuff to make their regular coffee.
Royal Caribbean does not use liquid syrup, their coffee is heaven compared to Princess. I have family and friends who sailed the other lines you mentioned (besides Costa) who are all big coffee drinkers and all say the same thing.......What on earth is Princess serving that they call coffee?

Royal Caribbean does not use liquid syrup, their coffee is heaven compared to Princess. I have family and friends who sailed the other lines you mentioned (besides Costa) who are all big coffee drinkers and all say the same thing.......What on earth is Princess serving that they call coffee?

The last time I was on RCI it wasn't much better than Princess but it was quite a while ago. I guess they've listened to the people desires.

I read that when you board the ship, there are tables there to make reservations at both restaurants. Is that true? I want to get the reservations done early and the days and times we want?

Yes. There were tables set up on deck 7 outside the wheelhouse bar and Sabatinis restaurant on the 1st day to make reservations. These restaurants fill up quickly, so making reservations on day 1 would be a good idea.

Just want to reiterate how easy the parking situation was. I dropped off husband and daughter at the curb with bags and they dealt with the porter while I parked the car. I met up with them a few minutes later to handle all of our processing (that was easy, too!)

It's $20/day to park long term in that lot.

Here's more info on the terminal in Brooklyn:

http://www.nycruise.com/parkBKN.html

Enjoy your cruise!

-Mizbear

Thanks for the info and web site.. :)

Enjoy your cruise!

-Mizbear

Hi, we are planning on driving to the pier. Can you tell me if there was ample parking avaialble and what time did you arrive?

Thanks so much ,

Moya

Hi, we are planning on driving to the pier. Can you tell me if there was ample parking avaialble and what time did you arrive?

Thanks so much ,

Moya

There was plenty of parking -- it's a large lot. We arrived around 10:40 am (there was NO traffic getting there from our central NJ home on a Sunday morning). No lines for processing and we were among the first groups to board the ship after a short wait in the terminal (which was very cold).

-Mizbear

It was cold early in the terminal....I had a sleeveless dress on and kept on my sweater I had with me...BUT I realized it was early in the boarding process. I figured it must have gotten warmer once a ton of people showed up to board...I figured if they had to process over 3,000 people- it might have eventually gotten warm in there...so being early and cold...was nice!

We were there before 11 and on board somewhere around 12

Bernadette

I know that some of my friends have already answered this, but the parking cost was 183 for the 9 day cruise (23 for day 1 and 20 for each additional day) It couldn't have been easier! We arrived around 10 a.m. and found a space in the first row (we could watch our car as we left) and when we returned, the porter walked us to the car with the pallet of luggage and we were off by 9:00 a.m.! What a breeze! The lot was not full when we left or when we returned!

I kinow that a lot people say call the dine line, but we were directed to the tables on deck 7 outside of sabatini's and the wheelhouse bar. Reservations were accepted on embarkation day.

COFFEE!!! I have been on a number of different cruise lines and have never, ever tasted such crap!! It was always fresh brewed, not syrup. I am sorry if I insult anyone, but the coffee is downright undrinkable! I like my coffee, I need my coffee, had to PAY for fresh brewed coffee on this cruise (and had to go to the 5th deck). Another couple at our table saide that they didn't think it was "too bad." They also ordered tea or cappuccino each night at dinner.

Enjoy your uncoming cruises!

Kathie

On the first day you could do Sabatini's or Crown Grill reservations in person.

They directed us to call the dine line for the Ultimate

Balcony Dining booking.

bernadette

woo hoo finally getting our cruise clothes in the washer!!!!

I too was in a suite, the St Maarten on Riviera deck 14. Unfortunately I read about an issue with rooms on this deck, and they are true. The incessant noise, not only during the day, but at ALL hours of the night! I am not just talking about a little noise...one night they were using power tools right above our suite. Came to find out, after complaining at midnight that a contractor was doing work up there...sorry, not accecptable. Every night it sounded like something was going to come through the ceiling. Would not reccommend Riviera deck 14 if a good night sleep is important.

The suite in general is quite nice and the added ammenities are good. Parking a breeze. Food was ok. Overall it was fair to good. Going back to RC for next cruise.

Archived