Guarantee Mini Suite?

uneamie

I am not sure what the plus would be in booking a guarantee mini suite. I see no price difference then if you just go ahead and book an AF or AG....which is usually where you end up anyway right? Hmmm :confused:

If you are booking a guarantee mini suite, and do it close to the sailing date, chances are the AG is gone, you will end up with a nice AF. What you may end up with is either all the way fwd or aft. Now we always book our reservations ahead and pick our cabin. And it is either a balcony or a mini-suite. All the way fwd. Love those cabins. :)

If you are booking a guarantee mini suite, and do it close to the sailing date, chances are the AG is gone, you will end up with a nice AF. What you may end up with is either all the way fwd or aft. Now we always book our reservations ahead and pick our cabin. And it is either a balcony or a mini-suite. All the way fwd. Love those cabins. :)

I guess I could see that being beneficial if you book the lowest cat of a balcony because there is a difference in price and you may end up with something considerable more pricey and better without paying for it.

However....when I researched the "mini suites" for our trip....no matter what TA I was doing this research with...the price for "all mini suites" was the same. That said, where's the incentive to book a "guarantee" for a mini suite. I see no advantage since the price of a guarantee is the same as an AF or and AG. Hmm!

Sometimes the AG is priced a little lower than the AF. So what people do is book AG gty as there are only a few AG cabins (4?) That often lands them in an AF.

Can't recall anyone coming on here saying they booked an AF gty and ended up in a suite, but maybe someone who's experienced that will show up.

Under pity the poor procrastinator promo, one might be able to book an AG and get the AF right away, if there is a price diff. between the 2 categories.

I haven't looked up your particular sailing.

Sometimes the AG is priced a little lower than the AF. So what people do is book AG gty as there are only a few AG cabins (4?) That often lands them in an AF.

Can't recall anyone coming on here saying they booked an AF gty and ended up in a suite' date=' but maybe someone who's experienced that will show up.

Under pity the poor procrastinator promo, one might be able to book an AG and get the AF right away, if there is a price diff. between the 2 categories.

I haven't looked up your particular sailing.[/quote']

Thanks....this is our second cruise on NCL and our second "mini suite". Last time there were no price differences either.....so I guess booking a guarantee is most useful if you are booking just a regular balcony at the lowest level because in our instance and for our 2 cruises the AF was and is the same price as the AG.

I just wanted to chime in that on the Gem (and I assume other Jewel class ships), if you can actually choose one of the 4 AG cabins and you can choose the most aft (last) cabin on either side, I would do so! I had one of those cabins last year (my friends the other) and those cabins have larger balconies than the standard AG's or AF's.

(The have an extra area tacked on as they don't have another balcony next to them that probably adds at least 10 sq feet to the balcony.)

That said, if you can't get one of the end cabins and aren't saving any money I'd book the AF I actually wanted rather than booking the guarantee. But I'm big on picking my location...

I'd book the AF I actually wanted rather than booking the guarantee. But I'm big on picking my location...

This is something to remember when booking a guarantee cabin:

You must be willing to accept the worst cabin in that category. If you are not willing to do this you shouldn't book a guarantee.

Sometimes you may be upgraded but most of the time you will not. And it would be rare indeed to be upgraded to a full suite from an AG or AF.

Archived