cook your own pasta??

kingtns

Ok this might sound like a crazy question...my 4 yr. old nephew only eats pasta for dinner...can she bring different shaped pastas & have them cook it?? There will be plenty of other things he eats for him but as a main meal he won't eat meat or fish so it's either pasta or occasionally a grilled cheese! Picky eater what can I say & he like certain shapes as well.

Thanks,

Susan

There is a kids menu in the main dining room, so they have kid friendly foods. I have seen on these boards they have mac and cheese.

I think that the culinary staff are cooking for thousands of people, it would be a little intrusive to ask them to special cook shaped pasta for your child. JMO

Carole

Ok this might sound like a crazy question...my 4 yr. old nephew only eats pasta for dinner...can she bring different shaped pastas & have them cook it?? There will be plenty of other things he eats for him but as a main meal he won't eat meat or fish so it's either pasta or occasionally a grilled cheese! Picky eater what can I say & he like certain shapes as well.

Thanks,

Susan

Wow! no don't think they will cook it for him.... they do have pasta on the menu of some sort every night.... otherwise there is mac and cheese on the buffet..... Cooking something for him personally is asking a bit much... there are thousands of people on the ship and what if half of them wanted to bring special food to get cooked.... no one else would get fed... there is pasta there so that should help

Kids can order pasta at any meal - I think there's mac n cheese and spaghetti. You could probably ask for it without sauce if he doesn't like the sauce. I'm also pretty sure you can get grilled cheese at any meal, off the kids menu.

I don't know if they will cook something you bring. My guess is no. Even if they are willing to, I do believe it is an unreasonable request. Unless it was a medical condition or severe food allergy, in which case you could contact the Special Needs department. There are only so many chefs on each ship and they operate the kitchen like clockwork to feed the several thousand people onboard.

Thanks,

Susan

There are also vegetarian dishes on the menu. These along with the pasta appetizer and/or mac&cheese ought to hold him.

Thanks,

Susan

Each night there is a different pasta entree (you can also get as an appetizer in smaller portion). They MIGHT be able to bring you the pasta of the night without any of the sauce or toppings.

Bringing your own pasta to have them cook it? Not going to work out for you.

Ok this might sound like a crazy question...my 4 yr. old nephew only eats pasta for dinner...can she bring different shaped pastas & have them cook it??

I can't imagine this is even a possibility. The logistics of cooking for so many people are probably worked out well ahead of time. Asking them to cook an additional dish for one person would probably not happen and a little unrealistic.

One of my dinner companions kept asking our waiter to tell them she didnt want veggies (talk about another picky eater, she drove us nuts), and the waiter kept telling her he couldnt do that, just push them aside.

If someone couldnt get the cooks to leave the veggies off her plate, Im guessing they wouldnt cook a special pasta you bring for your picky eater.

Never dealt with those.... my kids ate what I made or didn't eat.... but thats just me....:cool:

Im from the days when if you didnt eat what was put on your plate you didnt get to leave the table.

... that was my reaction too, to someone letting their child completely dictate what was eaten. They must not go out to eat much.

Amen. That's how it was when I was growing up. Learned to like ALOT of things.

They get hungry enough they will eat.... each of my girls who are grown ..... have about 2 or 3 foods they just can't stand .... still if I make them they won't take any but I don't get ewww or any other comment or they know I will still put it on their dang plates for them....:eek:

Just got off the Liberty and in the MDR at the table next to us one of the kids had plain noodles every meal. The waiter kept trying to get him to eat the noodles with butter, but he just had the plain old noodles.

Thanks for all of your responses...he will be fine with what they have & I'll have her order no sauce on it...Noone else needs to respond to this as I fully understand it would be unreasonalble to ask for such a request...just was a spur of the moment question when my sister asked me today on the phone!! I'm lucky as well all my kids eat everything!!

Happy cruising everyone:)

Susan

I have not been on that many cruises but the one's I was on had pasta at the buffett every night also. They had the pasta cooked already and you could have alfredo or marinara sauce added to it. There also was pasta on the salad bar but it was pasta salad with dressing on it already. Maybe you could go to the buffet before the dining room and get his pasta!

My kids went through times when they wouldn't eat much. Unfortunately for them, the rule was they had to try a little bite of everything on their plate--even if they didn't like it previously. They're not afraid to try anything now.

Your nephew will come around eventually. The important thing is that Mom makes sure the opportunity to try new things is there. She may want to encourage trying new things before the cruise.

If he's still into nothing but pasta and you're worried that he'll object to the shape of the pasta on the ship, you could always tell him that you're ordering special "pirate pasta" for him. Make it sound like an adventure and he'll eat!

Thanks for the last few posts...your very kind!! I'm sure he will be fine with the pasta on the ship!! I didn't know they added a pasta bar next to the pizza...is this on all their ships? Good to know as I'm a vegeterian & love pasta myself!! We will be on the Pride!

Susan

This is one of my pet peeves-I DO NOT eat anything I don't want and I would never make my children(or anyone) eat anything they didn't like, why would you force someone to eat something they didn't like-they were offered everything and tried what they wanted and if I fixed something they did not like I would fix them PB&J-- go ahead and rant I have heard it all--they are 28 and 30 and are not picky at all!

I too can't imagine asking the staff to cook something special unless it was medically relevant.

To have ultimately decided that a 4 year old will only eat pasta I think is not a good thing. I am a picky eater and so are my kids, I will however try something and if I don't like it I won't eat it again.

My son will almost always order chicken, steak or french fries no matter where he goes. The cruise truly allowed him to broaden what he would eat because he was able to try new things without any consequences - it didn't matter the cost of the item being ordered, and he could always order something else if he didn't like it. Now my son wil eat chicken, steak, crab, shrimp, lobster, and he loved the swordfish on the cruise.

Ultimately I would say order your nephew other foods and let him try them before determining he won't eat anything else.

This is one of my pet peeves-I DO NOT eat anything I don't want and I would never make my children(or anyone) eat anything they didn't like, why would you force someone to eat something they didn't like-they were offered everything and tried what they wanted and if I fixed something they did not like I would fix them PB&J-- go ahead and rant I have heard it all--they are 28 and 30 and are not picky at all!

Because my kitchen is not a restaurant and I work 3 jobs..... they will eat if they are hungry.... most of the time it's because they never TRIED the food just decided they didn't like it.... I know they don't like brown beans or liver.... all I ask now is that if I make it I don't hear a ewww or yuck.... don't like it keep your mouth shut and eat something else on the table....

ok for all of you who won't let this thread go you all have no idea what your talking about...I simply asked a question not feeling like I need to bore you on what he eats & doesn't eat...but if you must know he eats ALL fruits & veggies & lot's of other foods, she just can't get him to eat meat,chicken or fish & not for a lack of trying as his father is a chef & has been offered everthing you can imagine...it's just that she gives him different shapes of pasta added to everything else she puts on his plate as that is usually his main dinner meal because she knows he will eat it...really it's not a big deal & he will eat whatever pasta they have & love & enjoy it...again forgive me for asking it was just a simple question that has been answered!!!!

Archived