TRIUMPH 8/15/09 NY to Canada questions

Sohker

Do cell phones (Verizon) work while docked in both Canadian ports?

I am wait listed for the early dinner seating (we booked late). What is the best way to get the early seating?

We are a party of 4 and would like to get to see Peggy's Cove. Are there other options beside the cruise tours like renting a car or getting our own driver on shore, or an on shore tour group?

Thanks for you suggestions.

I am wait listed for the early dinner seating (we booked late). What is the best way to get the early seating?

We are a party of 4 and would like to get to see Peggy's Cove. Are there other options beside the cruise tours like renting a car or getting our own driver on shore, or an on shore tour group?

Don't know the cell phone answer but I would be surprised if it didn't. To be sure contact Verizon. Just in case you have to sign up for something like I had to do with ATT for Europe. But most likely you just use your phone as usual.

Have a look at your sail & sign card which will indicate your dining room assignment. If you didn't get what you want, when you board the ship go right over to the London Dining Room off the atrium. There usually is a maitre d' taking requests for seating changes.

For Peggy's Cove tours, there will be private cars parked right in front of the terminal building. Talk to them. I have no idea how much they charge but it should be a lot less than booking the tour on board for 4 people. If you have time, ask the driver to also take you to the Public Gardens in town. It is beautiful. That's where I'm headed on my next cruise to Halifax in September.

I've taken this cruise every summer on either Triumph or Victory. Plus my friends live in Dartmouth, across the harbor, so if you have any other questions, fire away.

Just back from Triumph, Verizon cells do work in canada. On ship, service is spotty. Also the time on the cell will be way off. Staff person said it has something to do with Verizon cell towers. So don't use this as your watch :D

Peggys Cove was awesome-do not miss it. I went with ships tour which was great. Only complaint is you only have about an hour and a half max once you get there. I did not get to other side to see lighthouse as i was busy taking many pics and wanted to go into one of the giftshops. Would definetly go back. If u can get a private person to take u so u would have longer there then go for it!

Any dining changes/requests can be made at the London Dining Room as OP said. There was a long line;) We changed from a table of 4 to a table of 2 with no problems. Good luck!

• Administrators

I rented a car at the Westin (right across the street from the where the ship docks in Halifax) and drove to Peggy's Cove. It was very easy and a lot cheaper than the ship's excursion. I also stopped by the Fairfield Cemetary, the Citadel, and the Maritime Museum before returning the car -- basically I made up my own tour. :) Have a great trip!

PS I did reserve the car in advance; I'm not sure they have enough to accommodate walk up passengers.

Archived