Current Staff on Voyager

mrlevin

Homelover, thanks. I was hoping that Martin would be in Compass Rose but I guess no such luck. :(

Who is Ray? Is he new to Regent? Did he move up through the ranks?

Again, thanks,

Marc

Martin has been gone for nearly a year now. Quite a pity for Regent customers. Some backroom nastiness from what I have heard.

Martin has been gone for nearly a year now. Quite a pity for Regent customers. Some backroom nastiness from what I have heard.

Luis has replaced Martin and he seems to be every bit as good as Martin. Sure glad to be back on Voyager!

Hi All...

On Voyager now! Will post some details later but wanted to update this for those interested. * indicates change from original list above

Captain: Dag

Dining Room Manager: Luis Teixeira

Exec Chef: Cornell Ruhland

General Manager: Anelo Balbi

Cruise Director: Ray Solaire

*Staff Captain: Ulbaldo Armellino

*Social Hostess: Elso McLean

*Asst. cruise director: Chris Martin

Cruise consultant: Gudren Werner

• 2 weeks later...

Who is Ray? Is he new to Regent? Did he move up through the ranks?

Marc

Ray Solaire is a veteran of the QE2 & was part of her entertainments staff at launch, he was also Silversea's first CD at their launch in '94 & a mainstay through until a couple of years ago - mostly on Silver Cloud.

From what I gather he has been freelancing in semi retirement on Oceania & has been moved over to Regent to try & retain those that sail both Silversea & Regent.

He's a pro & easily the best CD I have sailed with, and very much of the old school.

Ray Solaire is a veteran of the QE2 & was part of her entertainments staff at launch, he was also Silversea's first CD at their launch in '94 & a mainstay through until a couple of years ago - mostly on Silver Cloud.

From what I gather he has been freelancing in semi retirement on Oceania & has been moved over to Regent to try & retain those that sail both Silversea & Regent.

He's a pro & easily the best CD I have sailed with, and very much of the old school.

There is a whole thread devoted to that man with pluses and minuses. See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1055177

There are changes taking place on the Voyager between now and the end of the year. There are many CC members that will be sailing in the next three months. I'm sure they will advise you of the current crew.

I know for sure that the Head Chef is moving to another ship. Captain Dag may not be here after a month or so. Not sure about the others. I wouldn't worry about this too much -- the crew is wonderful and I can only imagine that it will remain positive in the foreseeable future.

Archived