What is the difference between a D1 & D2 cabin?

IrisF

I will be on the Navigator of the Seas on February 5, 2005 and have a D2 cabin. I can't determine what the difference is between the D2 and D1 cabins, does anyone know? Also the layout of the D2 cabins on the RCCL website show that the beds are rounded at the bottom for easier access to get by, however are they really rounded?? I know this is a stretch but has anyone stayed in cabin 8540 on the Navigator that can tell me if the bed is near the balcony or the door??

Thanks to anyone who can help!

IrisF:)

Thanks PhoenixCruiser, but when I try the link I get the following message:

An error has occurred.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.

Make sure you are logged in.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

IrisF:)

Hi....PhoenixCruiser and I both sailed the Navigator...just not on the same cruise :( ...she is correct its location, location, location in the difference of D-1 and D-2. Yes, the beds are next to the balcony door, pleanty of room to get to/from the balcony.

If you'd like I can email you a few pic's of our D-1 balcony cabin.

You'll love the Navigator.....and I'm soooo jealous!!!:D

Iris - They let you park them in the hall outside your room. At least that's what they did on Jewel recently. The Cat D we were in had plenty of room inside, too. The picture doesn't do the width of the room justice.

Denb - thanks for the photo. We had aft balconies twice on Brilliance - looks like about the same size. If we decide to do Navigator next year instead of Constellation would look for aft again. BTW, I retired as an ACC in 1987. Navy was a good life but 20 years was long enough:).

Hello all!

From my experience, the difference other than location, is their capacity. The D2 cabins can accommodate doubles only. The D1 cabins can take up to a quad utilizing a sofa bed for the 3rd & 4th person. Similarly, the E2 cabins can only accommodate doubles where E1 cabins can sleep up to three utilizing an upper Pullman bed for the third.

I've sailed on three of the Voyager class ships and doing my 4th, Mariner, at the end of January. So excited!

;)

Archived