Is the Mexican Riviera Safe?

trojangirl90066

The real reality:

The police guard everything with M-16 and AK-47's. Coca Cola trucks, bread trucks, Banks, public buildings, turtles.

It means nothing more than they like to have big guns.

It does not mean that Coca Cola is taking over the banks and feeding all the bread to the Ninja Turtles. And it is not a sign of civil unrest. It is a sign that Mexico has a surplus of big guns and police. Nothing more.

You really need to get your facts straight before posting false information about bomb scares and political unrest. Turns out it was a hoax

I stand by my previous posts that I feel safer in PV then I do in any city in the States and many cities in Canada.

Might not have been a bomb scare.

We were in Ensenada in January. The port had a police drill, complete with a hostage.

There is enough exaggerations on this thread to feed both sides of the issue. I also live in So Calif and while there are unsavory areas, I wouldn't go so far as to say that there were many places where I wouldn't dare drive. None at all in San Diego county. Tijuana, on the other hand, is another story.

In my US town (San Diego), there is little reason to fear the unbeaten path. I know this as I wander about the nooks and crannies quite a bit.

igraf

And as stated, there are areas in every country that are not safe. I live in Southern California and wouldn't dare drive in to many areas in my state. Don't get off the beaten path in Mexico just like you wouldn't in any US town.

I hope you both enjoy your cruise

There is enough exaggerations on this thread to feed both sides of the issue. I also live in So Calif and while there are unsavory areas, I wouldn't go so far as to say that there were many places where I wouldn't dare drive. None at all in San Diego county. Tijuana, on the other hand, is another story.

In my US town (San Diego), there is little reason to fear the unbeaten path. I know this as I wander about the nooks and crannies quite a bit.

igraf

Yes but Tijuana and border towns are a long way away from PV, Mazatlan, Cabo, Manzanilla and many other pacific Mexican towns that the cruise ships stop at.

We go down to LA a fair bit and there is a city with bad areas :eek:

We got lost once a few years ago and drove into a bad area with really scary looking people, we felt so unsafe.

Parts of Vancouver BC is another area that I feel more unsafe then I do when I am in Puerto Vallarta

I got lost in Houston, Texas once in the 5th ward. I felt very unsafe.

I have been to Los Angeles a few times, I feel pretty unsafe there.

Compton, California can get pretty scary.

Detroit, Michigan makes me feel unsafe on many levels.

Denver has a couple areas I like to avoid being shot or robbed in.

In all those places gangs are shooting at gangs. I don't think I have ever seen a gang in Mexico along the Southern Pacific ( Mexican Riviera ) .

I did see some really nicely dressed "Cholo Types" they were like 13 to 15 and really happy, well dressed kids. People are people even if the country has issues. Mexican people are really pretty nice people on the Riviera. And can't name once that I have seen Mexican's shooting at Mexican's in Mexico. The people don't own guns for the vast majority. And only the Drug people seem to be doing any shooting and it is a long the US border.

Archived