Passenger Manifest closing

btrojanoski

It is 5 days prior to departure and you will be denied boarding if you don't do it.

Cruisingly Yours

You can print your boarding pass up until the last minute and nobody will be denied boarding without it. There's a whole world out there who still don't have computers.

And the difference between 60 minutes and 90 minutes is ..........???? :confused:

Sometimes I can't believe the major discussions that go on here about nonsense. And yes, I am guilty too.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I only wanted to point out the many posters that say the manifest is closed one day, two days (or something else) before departure. Whether it's 60 or 90 minutes makes no difference, you're right.

It's like the posters that say the harbor pilot takes control of the ship. He doesn't, he's only there in case the crew members piloting the ship need advice. The one exception is the Panama Canal.

There are many many times that passengers are boarded after the "one hour" cut off. However, they only will board someone that has completed the personalizer online and has a preprinted e ticket/boarding pass. If that information is not complete, then the 90 minute rule kicks in and you are OOL.

The manifest is sent to the TSA with all names that have completed the personalizer AND those that have checked in and been processed without completed forms by the 90 minute cutoff.

But, in my experience, it is always the people that live on the edge that are always late and have not done ANY preparation for their trip. They always seem to have a problem (lost passport, no creditcard, invalid birth certificate, left passport home, etc.). Passengers that have late arriving flights are , for the most part, well prepared and that's not a problem.

Archived