Bermuda 12th Sep -1st Timers

saw777

Hello,

We are sailing on Explorer of the Seas on 12th Sep, arriving in bermuda at 9am on monday 14th and leaving on tuesday at 5pm. Been looking at the excursions that RCCL do and most are beach / water based, and we dont really want to do that. Been reading plenty of reviews on here about bermuda, but im still stuck. Can anyone please assist with what to do. So far we may that the trolley tour but please give me advice.

Thanks

Steven:D

We were there in May and like you are not very much beach people. We docked in St. George, however. We took the ferry to Dockyard and once there went to the Maritime Museum which we thought was wonderful (just a few steps away from the pier).

We then took a bus to Hamilton (you see a lot of Bermuda from the bus, don't from the ferry). In Hamilton we walked around a little and ate lunch at the Hogg Penny Pub which was wonderful. One of the locals had recommended it.

From Hamilton we took a different bus back to St. George, seeing a lot of the island. We left St. George around 10am, took maybe 30 minutes to get to Dockyard, an hour at the museum, 45 min to an hour to get to Hamilton. In the afternoon the bus from Hamilton was pretty crowded and took maybe an hour to get back to St. George.

If you're going to be there on a Tuesday night there might be a "market night" in St. George, which features goombay dancers and all kinds of arts & crafts tables of sale merchandise--lots of watercolors. I'm not sure how late in the year they do the market night. I think they have the same kind of thing at the Dockyard.

Have a great time...we did!

• 2 weeks later...

You will be docked at King's Wharf on the EOS, take a ferry to Hamilton, a quick walk from pier. Wander, shop, then catch a bus to St George, caves, aquarium, Swizzle Inn, lots to see. You will need tokens or exact change for bus, even though you are only there two days, a 3 day pass may be cheaper. Or, take a taxi tour, the visitors bureau people will be there when you get off the ship, they are very organized and can hook you up with a group or your own taxi. This was our 5th. time in Bermuda. Five of us took a taxi to Elbow Beach for some fantastic water and sand. Taxi to the Swizzle Inn, South for a great lunch and taxied back to Dockyard. It cost us a total of $20. pp for taxis, and I got my Rum Swizzle! Already planning a cruise for next summer, maybe on HAL as it will be in Bermuda 4 days, 2 in St George and 2 in Hamilton. ENJOY! It is a spectacular place!!

Archived