Genoa train station/Cinque Terre

saamk67

I amazed the boat definately ran alot more frequent when we visited last and I know our last trip was in October because we stayed in Portofino for our anniversary which is in October. Apologies for giving out incorrect information.

I amazed the boat definately ran alot more frequent when we visited last and I know our last trip was in October because we stayed in Portofino for our anniversary which is in October. Apologies for giving out incorrect information.

It might be totally last year's October.

But as we want to go this year's October we need to check the actual schedule for this year:

http://www.tigulliotrasporti.it/cartina2.php?sez=TOc&comune=2

It says that there are only 2 sailings in October for S. Margherita Ligure to Portofino.

Regards

HeinBloed

We actually visited about 4 years ago, so obviously alot has changed. You are correct I should have checked before I gave out information. We visited three years running and on each occasion we went to the boat station and caught the next boat without really having to wait. The only time we visited in October was on the last occasion when we stayed in Portofino, the other two occasions we went in May & September but we did not really check timetables just went along and caught the next boat they seemed to always be there.

• 2 months later...
The Principe Station is very close to the port (Stazione Marittima). If you are not carrying luggage it is walkable. The train ride to the Cinque Terre is absolutely beautiful! I've done the train ride many times. I just love that area of Italy.

Joan

How long does the train ride to Cinque Terre take? My husband and I have thought about going to Cinque Terre from Livorno, but haven't done it yet. Is it easier to do from Genoa? Any help is appreciated! :)

How long does the train ride to Cinque Terre take? My husband and I have thought about going to Cinque Terre from Livorno, but haven't done it yet. Is it easier to do from Genoa? Any help is appreciated! :)

From Genoa it takes between one and three quarters to two hours each way. It's slightly easier because you don't need to change trains, and because you can walk from the port to the train station in Genoa.

From Genoa it takes between one and three quarters to two hours each way. It's slightly easier because you don't need to change trains, and because you can walk from the port to the train station in Genoa.

Thanks, euro cruiser. We'll have to think about this. That is a lot of time on the train. We may have to just wait and do this on a future land trip.

Archived