D & g

cruisers103

The cheese must be hard, cured cheese only, no soft cheeses like brie. You must present the cheese for inspection to determine if it's legal. You must also declare the products on your Custom's form. Do not pack it in your luggage as the dogs who sniff the bags will find it and it could cause you more trouble.

I think you'd be better off having the store ship the cheese home, i.e. FedEx or UPS. This is what I do when purchasing Tortuga rum cakes; I have the store ship my 3 or 4 cakes to my office.

I'd go either on line or call US Customs and ask. However, we've never had a problem bringing cheese home from Italy or Holland. If you are taking the cruise out of Fla and then flying home, the issue is going to be when you go through customs in Fla. If you are then flying home domestic from Fla, the airline is out of the loop.

• 4 weeks later...
I think you'd be better off having the store ship the cheese home, i.e. FedEx or UPS. This is what I do when purchasing Tortuga rum cakes; I have the store ship my 3 or 4 cakes to my office.

It's not necessary to have cheese shipped.. There is no problem bringing cheese into the U.S..

Our Friends purchase an entire wheel of Gouda from Aruba & declare it on their Customs form.. They always share it with their Friends..It's delicious!:):):)

Cheers..:)Betty

Archived