Upgrade Question

PCruzer

Has anyone ever received a complimentary cabin upgrade on a GCT river cruise? Were you informed about the upgrade prior to departure or did you find out once you arrived at your destination?

Has anyone ever received a complimentary cabin upgrade on a GCT river cruise? Were you informed about the upgrade prior to departure or did you find out once you arrived at your destination?

I didn't know they even did upgrades on river cruises. :o

We've only done 1 river cruise, which was last fall on GCT. We overheard a number of people saying that they were upgraded from their original cabin selections. We were curious to know if you are lucky enough to get an upgrade, when do you find out.

When we booked with AMA - tried for a Cat C. We were told they were sold out, but would give us Cat B at the same price. If a C becomes available, they will put us in one.

I consider that an "upgrade" (although we really won't know until we board...)

They seem to reward loyal customers.

Barbara

As it should be!! We are also very loyal Holland America cruisers. From what I understand, HAL likes to upgrade their newer cruise clientele. I guess they feel that if you have done 30+ cruises with them, you are probably going to return. On the other hand, a new cruiser might jump to any other cruise line. We have gotten very few upgrades on HAL, even when booking guarantees.

Archived