Lip injections - restylane, juvuderm, etc

DoggieDash84

• 5 months later...

I've had the injections several times . . . everything from Juvaderm(sp) to Restalin(sp). Someone said it feels like a bee sting and that exactly how it feels. My doctor is a plastic surgeon (his claim to fame was attaching John Bobbet's penis after his wife cut it off years ago). He's an excellent doctor and wouldn't go to anyone else.

• 6 years later...
I'm a three year addict on Botox, and had my first Juvederm Ultra put in my marionette lines yesterday. I was so afraid, but am pleased! Next time I will get more! They applied a numbing cream 20 minutes before and it didn't hurt anymore than the Botox. Love these products!!!;)

Is Botox works well?

• 4 weeks later...
I've never had it done but I did notice signs at my dentists office. I saw it and thought well he does do a good job with needles in my mouth so I can see how they would be qualified. Maybe look into it at your local dentist or ask around there.

No, no, NOOOO!

There's a reason doctors have training for specific things. Just because a dentist can handle needles in the mouth has absolutely nothing to do with getting any kind of filler or Botox.

On the flip side, a dermatologist/plastic surgeon who is good with needles and injecting fillers would not be qualified, or even able, to do any dental work.

I, for one, would be concerned if I saw such a sign in my dentist's office. That dentist probably took some weekend course and now thinks they are qualified. Believe it or not, a friend of mine's husband is an oral surgeon who tried offering such procedures. His daughter is a nurse and she practiced on her mother. It was a disaster since she couldn't get it quite right, tried again and made it even worse. You would not have wanted to see my friend.

Edited by iheartbda