Height of UnderBed Storage?

Saylor

We are usually able to fit our bags underneath the bed with our smaller bags inside of the larger ones. They are softsided and I recall the largest bag is a tight fit, but I've read on these boards that they may store your luggage for you if needed??? May look into that for our upcoming 10 day!

Usually, if you leave the top flipped over in the opposite direction, leaving the empty suitcase open, it will fit under the bed. While we don't use hard-sided luggage, we do take the large, 29" bags (too many of them :) actually!) and they always fit.

You should have no problem. We bring a huge suitcase with us, and then fill it with our other bags and it all fits under the bed. However, lift the bed to put under the bed, because at first ours would not slide under because of the bed frame.

I appreciate everyones rapid responses to my question. I may end up not bringing the hard suitcase and bring a large pull-duffle instead, just to be safe. Whenever I bring that suitcase, I always end up having to pay a fee because it's always over the maximum weight allowed on the airline! I will probably just bring two smaller ones! Once again, thanks a lot! S.

We have one Travelpro suitcase that does not fit under the bed - You cannot lift the bed high enough to get the suitcase over the metal bar that holds the bed legs on the floor and there is not enough room to be able to slide it in from the side. Also, the suitcase is exactly the same height as the space - if there is any sag in the bed, the suitcase would crush.

We never thought of under the beds. We stored our suitcases vertically in the closet by the door and put all our clothes in the other closet.

I had to laugh at your post. We did not realize that we could fit our luggage under the bed either.

It wasn't until our third cruise that our friends saw all our luggage shoved in the closet and told us about the under the bed trick

Archived