Icy Strait Point Map and walk tour

aprilsp88

Hi,

I'm trying to find a street map of Icy Strait Point. But the only thing I can find is a picture map without street name. Do you have any suggestion on where to get the street map?

Also, how to walk to Hoonah from the ship port? Is there any street name or sign that I can follow?

How about go to the forest? I see there are "0.6mile loop", "mature trail", "fountain lake". Are they easily accessible by walking?

Thanks,

April

You can't get lost walking into town from the tender port. You also can't get lost in town (it is tiny). The nature trail is clearly signed also.

From the dock, you will see a gravel parking lot, town is to the right and the nature trail is straight ahead. Click here for google map.

This map will give you an idea of the overall layout, outside ISP. Use the "+" and "-" to zoom in and out, and click on the blue markers to ID the locations. Oh, and using the options in the upper right can change it to a street map. However, due to some sort Google maps error, the satellite and street map don't line up. :-/

I didn't realize it was almost 3 miles from Icy Strait to Hoonah? Is there any other method to get there. I love to walk' date=' but don't have that much time before or after our whale watch.[/quote']

It's about a mile and a half each way and shuttles are available from ISP

Just got back from Alaska on Radiance of the Seas. There really is no Icy Strait Point. One of the Hoonah locals described it to me as their mini-mall which is what it really is. It's easy to walk from there to Hoonah -about a 5-10 minute walk. Not much to do in Hoonah so plan something for your time. We went whale watching with Teckk and they were great!

msd360,

So there will be 2 towns, one is the "Icy Strait Point" town, which is really tiny, but has a natural trail.

The other is "Hoonha" town, am I right?

Thanks,

April

You can't get lost walking into town from the tender port. You also can't get lost in town (it is tiny). The nature trail is clearly signed also.

From the dock, you will see a gravel parking lot, town is to the right and the nature trail is straight ahead. Click here for google map.

msd360,

So there will be 2 towns, one is the "Icy Strait Point" town, which is really tiny, but has a natural trail.

The other is "Hoonha" town, am I right?

Thanks,

April

Icy Strait Point is the old Hoonah cannery that has been fixed up to be a port for the cruise ships. They have made it into a few shops and that is where the nature trail is. So there is not 2 towns. Hoonah is 1 mile down the road. There is a trail along the water if you want to walk it or there is a shuttle bus that you can take. Hoonah is a small town of about 850 people.

Archived