Past Passenger Loyalty Benefits?

kcbj

Hi,

I see that P&O encourage past passengers to keep their contact details up to date but their website says nothing about any benefits they may offer.

Do past passengers receive any worthwhile benefits like airline frequent flyer programs?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Clive

Hi,

I see that P&O encourage past passengers to keep their contact details up to date but their website says nothing about any benefits they may offer.

Do past passengers receive any worthwhile benefits like airline frequent flyer programs?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Clive

hi clive, p&o may give you OBC but princess look after their customers, but the time you get to elite ater 15 cruises thats when you get the perks

rkmw

OBC is on board credit. I just booked a cruise and got $100 OBC, which means my on board ship account will already be credited $100 for me to spend during the cruise

Me too...what a coincidence hey :D.

When we booked our cruise for Dec 09, I forgot to tell TA that we were past passengers untill after the booking was confirmed with P&O:mad:, then he went in and added our past passenger no. So doesn't look like we will receive any sort of benefits, maybe an invite to the past passengers dinner with the captain! who knows:confused:

Jodie

We received quite a big discount for being past passenger, I know it was quite a bit as friends of ours booked at same time with same travel agent but hadnt cruised with P&O before, we booked the same room on the same deck, same catagory and ours was quite a lot cheaper. We both did receive the same OBC each though,($100 p/person) but cabin price was a lot diff. So, after fiddling around we put one of our children in their cabin and one of theirs in ours (on the booking form) so they could get past passenger disc too, only one person had to be in the cabin for it to apply. Other friends went in and booked also but after us and unfortunatly they had to pay the normal price, same type room, same deck etc... Fiona

I last went on a cruise for my 21st birthday on 5 Nov 1984.

Should I bother hitting them up for some OBC or will they laugh at me. I would laugh at me.

Hi,

Of course you should bother. My wife last cruised with P&O in 1970 and we were told that they have the records.

Cheers

Clive

Rang P&O and they said bad luck, that the past passenger benefits only came in 5 years ago or so, so 1984 doesn't qualify.

Awwww, no freebies :(

We were told that you mention it to the pursers desk? and they credit you with the 'cruise miles?'

Does that make sense to anyone?

Cheers

Clive

Does being a past passenger on P&O count towards the Princess ships?

it doesnt matter how many p&o cruises you have done you have to do one princess cruise first and on the second princess cruise you receive the benifits

rkmw

• 2 months later...

We have only cruised once with P&O and booked another one directly through their website like we did the first. However there was NO OBC and no discount (I went back to book without past passenger number info and the price was the same!) Do you think its worth contacting P&O?

I went on a p&o cruise in 07 and have booked for a cruise in December next year and received no discounts, onboard credit or anything else. When I booked through the travel agent they put in my past passenger discount and nothing happened. I'm currently waiting for them to contact me back.

As far as I understand it for P & O Australia is that if you have cruised with P&O in the past few years (maybe last 5 could be more or less) you will have a URN (unique reference number) in their system. Seems to be a 9 digit number with a letter suffix. i.e. 123456789A, your partner would be 123456789B, children .....C, .....D etc. This number will be printed on the the front page of any promotional material (above the address) you receive from P&O after you have cruised with them.

If you don't know your URN then phone head office and ask what your URN is.

Once you have it you can then enter it in any online booking and get your special rates & OBC if any apply or give it to your T/A who can also get any preferential rates that might apply.

OBC's seem to be dependant on whether they are pushing sales or not, more so than PPC's (past passenger credits). A T/A in NZ told me that all direct bookings thro P&O in Sydney attract OBC's but cannot confirm that.

In any case if you are not sure phone P&O and ask - they can only say NO.

This is my understanding of system, only for P&O.

Hope it helps resolve some of the above queries :confused:

We have just done our 4th cruise in 3 &1/2 years with P&O and have never received OBC.

Karen if you booked through a T/A the past passenger benefits aren't great as the T/A may have used a group booking to get P&O discount already.

Next time get a cheap price from T/A then ring P&O direct with price.

You wont get it cheaper but P&O will upgrade you at time of booking as you are a past passenger.

No point in having OBC instead of upgrade from P&O as it will only be what you will save by going through a T/A anyway.

Den

Archived