Jitney 10 and paying

gatour

I understand that Jitney 10 is $1.25 and requires exact change. If there are 4 of you traveling together on the bus can you just give the driver a five dollar bill (4 x $1.25 = $5) instead of each of the party having to have $1.25 in bills and change?

I understand that Jitney 10 is $1.25 and requires exact change. If there are 4 of you traveling together on the bus can you just give the driver a five dollar bill (4 x $1.25 = $5) instead of each of the party having to have $1.25 in bills and change?

Yes. you can give them a $5 for 4 people.

• 4 weeks later...

Riding the #10 jitney is one of our favorite things on Nassau. Bahamians are friendly people and you can ask them for directions, tips on places to eat, etc. when you get on the bus. They are happy to assist and are very proud of the beauty of their island...Even if you are not going anywhere special, just hop on for a cultural lesson !!!! It is a great experience.

I would love to take jitney 10. This Oct. we'll be in Nassau for the 3rd time. We've done the historical walking tour and this time looking for something different. Where does #10 go? Can't decide if we want to go to a beach for an afternoon or just walk and/or ride around.

Archived