Carnival Splendor Ship time VS Cabo Port time

Jimmanknows

Ahoy shipmates,

Need help with ship time VS port time in Cabo. Specifically with Carnival Splendor's ship time VS Cabo port time. I know when Splendor leaves the Port of Los Angeles, time on the ship will be 1 hour behind Cabo port time.

My question is does it stay that way?

I've had conflicting reports that ships move clocks ahead at the beginning of the cruise and then change them back on the last day? Does this happen?

I'm pretty sure that only PV is different from ship time for the Splendor's sailings. PV is 1 hour difference (one hour earlier I believe), Maz and Cabo are the same as ship time. Or that's what I have found in getting ready for our up coming cruise. I guess I'll find out for sure in a couple weeks :)

I asked this same question to someone on this board who had just gotten off the Splendor (about 1 month ago), and he said they changed the ship time to Mountain Time sometime in the middle of the night before they got to PV...He said to check your television for the ship's time (and compare it to your watch or alarm clock kept on Pacific time and you will know for sure that they have changed it), he said no announcement was made, nor did any notice of it appear in the capers, they just did it.

I suppose it could be standard operating procedure which could be why they dont announce it.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edeno in Sacramento

I asked this same question to someone on this board who had just gotten off the Splendor (about 1 month ago), and he said they changed the ship time to Mountain Time sometime in the middle of the night before they got to PV...He said to check your television for the ship's time (and compare it to your watch or alarm clock kept on Pacific time and you will know for sure that they have changed it), he said no announcement was made, nor did any notice of it appear in the capers, they just did it.

I suppose it could be standard operating procedure which could be why they dont announce it.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edeno in Sacramento

This is correct. I am not sure why they do that. Never was really focusingin on time, but my past memories (somewhat clouded...but that's another story) was that they always kept ship time the same.

The only ship that is NOT on the same time as Cabo is the Elation. All other ships on all other lines adjust their clocks to match Cabo. Since most ships that stop here are from California they leave on Pacific and adjust to our Mountain time.

I think it also depends on what time of year it is. When we were on the Pride in February 2007 (same itinerary at Splendor now) we set our clocks ahead one hour before PV and then back before Cabo because we hadn't started daylight savings time yet. They did announce it in the Capers tho. But when we were on the Spirit this last March/April, day light savings time had already started, and we didn't change the clocks on the ship at all, even tho we expected to.

• 1 month later...
Hmmm...this poses and interesting question....we cruise on November 1, the first day of daylight savings time :)

Will we still have to move the clocks ahead? :confused:

It really doesn't matter if the US or Mexico has just gone on or off daylight savings time. The ship may or may not change from Pacific time.

This applies to the standard seven-day MR cruise that will includes port stops in Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta.

Ship's time will match local time when you are in Cabo and Mazatlan. Ship's time will be one hour behind local time when you are in Puerto Vallarta.

Enjoy!

Archived