Hotel at/near Athens Airport

ger_77

We are meeting up with our son in Athens - he is coming from Japan, we are coming from Canada. He arrives in Athens 1:40AM on Oct 2, while we don't arrive until Oct 2 in the afternoon. Our hotel rooms are booked for the night of Oct 2, but we now need to find a place for our son to stay near the airport (for the night of Oct 1), as he will return to the airport in the afternoon and we will all travel to our main hotel together.

Can anyone (Fafros, Keith ??) recommend a hotel that is at or near the airport and is clean/safe/reasonably priced for a 1 night stay?

Thanks for your help,

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

We are meeting up with our son in Athens - he is coming from Japan, we are coming from Canada. He arrives in Athens 1:40AM on Oct 2, while we don't arrive until Oct 2 in the afternoon. Our hotel rooms are booked for the night of Oct 2, but we now need to find a place for our son to stay near the airport (for the night of Oct 1), as he will return to the airport in the afternoon and we will all travel to our main hotel together.

Can anyone (Fafros, Keith ??) recommend a hotel that is at or near the airport and is clean/safe/reasonably priced for a 1 night stay?

Thanks for your help,

The Sofitel Athens airport, right across the street from the airport, and well-ranked on sister website tripadvisor, meets your criteria with the major exception of being reasonably priced (about $200 per night I believe).

Because the metro line to central Athens is scheduled to re-open at the end of August, perhaps he should consider getting a cheap room downtown for the night and, if you are staying in Athens, meet him when you get downtown or he simply can hop on the metro or the 3.20 Euros X95 bus from Syntagma Square to the airport and meet you when you arrive.

Situation resolved - we were able to book a room for 1 night at the Athenaeum Intercontinental Hotel where we will be staying the following night. He'll be in the same hotel, will check out of his room and check into ours when we get there. It saves driving back and forth and having us trying to connect with him at the airport somewhere.

Can anyone tell me what he should expect to pay for a taxi at night to go from the airport to the hotel? I understand there are night rates, and they're likely more expensive than day rates. I checked with an online taxi company and they want 120Euros which I think is outrageous ($187 Cdn.). Your help would be appreciated.

Situation resolved - we were able to book a room for 1 night at the Athenaeum Intercontinental Hotel where we will be staying the following night. He'll be in the same hotel, will check out of his room and check into ours when we get there. It saves driving back and forth and having us trying to connect with him at the airport somewhere.

Can anyone tell me what he should expect to pay for a taxi at night to go from the airport to the hotel? I understand there are night rates, and they're likely more expensive than day rates. I checked with an online taxi company and they want 120Euros which I think is outrageous ($187 Cdn.). Your help would be appreciated.

I am glad you have the hotel situation worked out. Even double the normal fare (around 35 Euros) would only be 70 Euros. He could take the X95 express bus from the airport for 3.20 Euros to Syntagma Square, which runs 24/7 every 20 minutes and certainly would be fast at that time of night, and then a taxi from there to the hotel, but that hotel is a bit out of the main tourist track area and too far from Syntagam Square to walk.

I would check with the hotel itself to see what they suggest. The metro does not run between midnight and 5 or 6 AM, I forget which, so that is not an option.

Archived