San Diego - Marriott Marina

DaveOKC

I can get a good rate at the Marriott Marina in San Diego for one night before my cruise. Has anyone stayed there (how nice is it) and how far is it from the Holland pier? I understand they do not have a shuttle from the airport or pier.

DaveOKC

I can get a good rate at the Marriott Marina in San Diego for one night before my cruise. Has anyone stayed there (how nice is it) and how far is it from the Holland pier? I understand they do not have a shuttle from the airport or pier.

DaveOKC

I've never stayed there but it seems to get good reviews on tripadvisor.com. About a 30 minute walk from the cruise terminal. Very close to Seaport Village.

We stopped there last week for a drink after walking around Seaport Village for a while. They had a beautiful pool area and the grounds were quite nice.

A taxi would not cost much to get you to the port, it's probably just 2 miles or so. Walkable, but with luggage not so easy.

THanks everyone. I have made the walk to Seaport Village from the pier and it is a good distance - like everyone said, too far with luggage. I was wondering how nice the place is, the rooms, grounds etc. I was also thinking about staying 2 days if I can work out the air.

DaveOKC

I stayed there for work back in June. The rooms, hotel and grounds are very, very nice. The rooms in my tower all had balconys where you could open the door and get a view of the bay or city (depending on room location).

There were only two drawbacks for me, there were not a lot of restaurants nearby and my room had a city view and I could hear the train whistles all night long. It only woke me up one night, but it is something to consider.

Archived