JFK to Manhattan cruise terminal

Whippets

I will be arriving at 9 AM into JFK on October 4th. Our cruise is out of the Manhattan terminal. What are my options for transportation to the port and what will they cost?

Thanks for your help.

Taxis have a flat rate from JFK to Manhattan per car of $45. This is from the NYC Taxi Commission web site:

"For trips between (to and from) Manhattan and JFK International Airport, the flat fare is $45.00 plus any tolls using Rate Code 2 on the meter. Surcharges will not be added."

Other option is to hire a private car service...probably a lot more expenisve or, if you don't have a lot of luggage, take the tram to Jamaica and the LIRR to Penn Station and a cab the 20 blocks ot the cruise terminal. Not something I would recommend.

most car services charge about the same.

see http://www.carmellimo.com as an example.

The cab rate is fixed at $45.00 plus toll and tip(about $60 in total.

There is also the airlink train to the subway that works out to be about $8.00 pp plus a walk from 50th street and eight avenue or a cab.

or the airport bus for about $17.00 pp to the Port Authority Bus terminal plus $10-15 for a cab....

personally I find the cab is the easiest and most direct way.

Keith, smeyer and Bob, thanks for your replies. Sounds like the cab is the way to go. We will have plenty of time assuming that we arrive on time at 9AM. Probably won't be able to board the ship until close to noon. We do not want to wander around NY, possibly getting lost or on the wrong bus with luggage.

Keith, smeyer and Bob, thanks for your replies. Sounds like the cab is the way to go. We will have plenty of time assuming that we arrive on time at 9AM. Probably won't be able to board the ship until close to noon. We do not want to wander around NY, possibly getting lost or on the wrong bus with luggage.

We've always tried to board the vessel as late as possible, and we've been very successful in never having had to wait on line to check-in. One thing that you might consider doing is having your taxi or car service take you and the luggage to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal and drop off the luggage there. Then enjoy midtown Manhattan on foot while the terminal fills up with boarding passengers, and return to the terminal for check-in about 15 to 30 minutes before the cut-off time for check-in.

$45 flat rate taxi from JFK to NYC is the way to go. You dont have to order anything or risk payying late charges for delayed planes. Just walk out of the terminal, there will be plenty of taxi`s waiting for you. Do the same when you return.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Limoguy! $45.00 plus a tip won't be too bad.

Now, I have heard tales of drivers driving you around to boost up the fare when they have out of town people. Could that happen with this fixed fare? Would there be added fees for toll bridges along the way?

Thanks.

Thank you Limoguy! $45.00 plus a tip won't be too bad.

Now, I have heard tales of drivers driving you around to boost up the fare when they have out of town people. Could that happen with this fixed fare? Would there be added fees for toll bridges along the way?

Thanks.

There's no way to run up the fixed fare. Driving you around only will waste the driver's time and burn up his fuel. If the driver takes you into Manhattan via the Brooklyn, Manhattan or Williamsburg bridges, there is no toll.

Archived