Hmapton Inn City Center/Downtown Fort Lauderdale

WitchyWoman14

Has anyone stayed here? I read reviews and it looks like pretty much everyone likes it. I did read the neighborhood isn't very great though. Can anyone tell me about the area? I just don't want to feel "unsafe"...

TIA!!!

OOPS! I meant to type "Hampton", not Hmapton

DO YOU MEAN ON SERTLING ROAD. i have stayed there a few times ,

I always felt safe around the hotel , there is a shopping center near by.

lots of places to eat!

No, there is actually a different Hampton in downtown/sity center... but thank-you!!! ;)

We stayed there a couple years ago and felt safe. It's not a typical Hampton, more of a higher downtown hotel design. It was nothing special, but the rooms were clean and we had no complaints. It was a few blocks from Las Olas Blvd and all the restaurants and shopping there, which was nice.

Has anyone stayed here? I read reviews and it looks like pretty much everyone likes it. I did read the neighborhood isn't very great though. Can anyone tell me about the area? I just don't want to feel "unsafe"...

The hotel itself is only a few years old and is nice. It is very safe and secure, however it's not a place you would want to stay in if you don't have a car.

Yes, it's not all that far from Las Olas (about a dozen blocks), but it's too far to walk, and you do not want to be out walking in the area surrounding the hotel anyway. The neighborhood isn't the best. You'll be fine in the hotel, but don't go walking around the neighborhood.

Hmmmm, we walked to Las Olas with the kids and felt perfectly safe. I guess we were lucky to escape with our lives.:rolleyes:

12 blocks may be right, but I would have guessed more like 6-8.

Well if you walk south on Andrews then east on Las Olas to the shopping/dining area it IS about 11/12 blocks.

And I'm glad you made it safely, but it's no big secret that the area between that hotel and the Las Olas shopping/dining area is not a safe area to walk around in, especially at night! Of course not everyone is going to be a crime victim, but I would much rather be honest with people than tell them to go ahead and take a chance! :rolleyes:

The hotel is very nice, less than 10 yrs old. But I know the area very well and would not walk in the area after dark. No way!!! In the daytime, especially during the business week I would feel very comfortable though. I personally know someone who was mugged at gunpoint a block west of there (in the daytime), and someone else who was mugged at gunpoint about 2 blocks SW of there (after dark with lots of people around). I haven't heard of any incidents on Las Olas Blvd in the shopping district. Maybe the hotel can shuttle you there? or you can stay at Riverside Hotel.

Archived