Singles Cruise ?

TomCruises

Hello everyone!Just curious if there will be any single travelers on the 5/22/10 itinerary?

Also,I will be a first time guest aboard the Paul Gauguin and would appreciate any tips and/or positive/negative feedback.

Thank you.

Hello everyone!Just curious if there will be any single travelers on the 5/22/10 itinerary?

Also,I will be a first time guest aboard the Paul Gauguin and would appreciate any tips and/or positive/negative feedback.Thank you.

Tom,

Have you checked out the roll call board? You might find folks there on the same cruise.

We have been on PG 4 times. You will love it. :)

May is my favourite time on the PG. There's other threads here talking about travelling solo. Get to know the cruise director early, go to any single traveller get togethers, ask to be seated with others at dinner, sit at the piano bar in the lounge before dinner, hang out in La Palette in late evening.

And if you happen to be a diver, you'll make your own set of friends.

If you have general questions about dining, dress, or excursions, just ask away. It's my favourite subject!

May is my favourite time on the PG. There's other threads here talking about travelling solo. Get to know the cruise director early, go to any single traveller get togethers, ask to be seated with others at dinner, sit at the piano bar in the lounge before dinner, hang out in La Palette in late evening.

And if you happen to be a diver, you'll make your own set of friends.

If you have general questions about dining, dress, or excursions, just ask away. It's my favourite subject!

Excellent advice!! One of my favorite times of day was the hour or so before dinner at the Piano Bar. We seemed to meet new people each night while having a cocktail. I was surprised at how easy it was to strike up a conversation on this ship and it is fun that the ship is so small you seem to meet up with everyone over and over.

This sounds very nice.Traditional "Big Ship" cruises typically do not provide this opportunity.

This experience is SO different and SO much better (IMHO) that we will never return to a big ship. We had only done one other cruise before this one, RCCL's Adventure of the Seas, and while we had a very nice vacation (upgraded to the Royal Suite!), it was not something that we were sure that we wanted to return to. The PG, however, we would return over and over again. Two totally different experiences. :)

Saw your post and wanted to echo that PG is the BEST cruise experience you could ask for. I do miss the Regent ownership and have not been aboard since take-over. But after 3 trips to FP, I find it intoxicating. Small ship without being too close for comfort. Went alone each time and met some fun couples young and old. Everyone makes you feel welcome and knows your name by day 2. Have a ball. Am thinking of doing the 11 nighter in August as Euope is a little dicey this year. Cheers.:cool:

Archived