RE: Onboard credit

gailellen12

Hi All - I am excited about my cruise that begins Aug 10! I am assuming that my onboard credit can be used to book excursions. I have already booked a couple, and hope to book another one or two with my OBC. Thanks in advance for any information on this or other suggestions you might have for this PG newbie! Gail ;)

Hi All - I am excited about my cruise that begins Aug 10! I am assuming that my onboard credit can be used to book excursions. I have already booked a couple, and hope to book another one or two with my OBC. Thanks in advance for any information on this or other suggestions you might have for this PG newbie! Gail ;)

I believe you can only use your on board credit while you are on board.

Hello from Paul Gauguin Cruises,

The onboard credit can be used to pay for a shore excursion if you book the excursion once you are on the ship. But the onboard credit can absolutely be used for shore excursions as well as other purchases made onboard.

Thank you for inquiring.

"Official Responder" Can I book an excursion online, cancel when I get on the ship and re-book using my OBC?

Interesting idea, but I have to think that this pretty much defeats the intention of the policy. I would be surprised if this is allowed. Never hurts to ask though.

Other cruise lines we were on, you could cancel your online excursions up to 24 hours before the trip, allowing you to have it pre-booked but if you were not feeling well, weather was going to be bad etc... you could get out of it. I wonder if they have a similar cancellation policy and if so, what would stop you from re-booking it after you cancel? Sneaky I know, but worth a shot. I can't see that I can wait until on board to book my excursions for our first trip there--I can't chance that I would not get them, especially after 2 years of planning!

Other cruise lines we were on, you could cancel your online excursions up to 24 hours before the trip, allowing you to have it pre-booked but if you were not feeling well, weather was going to be bad etc... you could get out of it. I wonder if they have a similar cancellation policy and if so, what would stop you from re-booking it after you cancel? Sneaky I know, but worth a shot. I can't see that I can wait until on board to book my excursions for our first trip there--I can't chance that I would not get them, especially after 2 years of planning!

LOL--I hear ya. I don't think you are being "sneaky"--you are asking a question. If/when you find out, let us all know! Not sure what your plans are, but if you are a spa person, or like fine wines, you could obviously use your OBCs for that stuff, and then just pay for your excursions. But if you don't use any of the ammeneties on the ship you have to pay for (except the excurisons), then it is a downer about the OBC policy--unless you found a loop hole!!

I am pretty sure the cancellation is either 24 or 48 hours.

If you have extra unused OBC I think you can donate to the crew fund or buy raffle tickets for the navigation chart - the proceeds of which go to the crew fund. This is used to buy the crew bicycles to use when they are in port, soccer equipment and I think even for family emergencies when they need to fly out. ( The last was true when it was Regent so dont know for sure).

The AMEX Plat OBC was encashable and the card in your room actually said so.

The store has quite a broad spectrum of items as well. In the past the jewellery was mostly high end Tahia Collins stuff but this time I saw they had a fair amount of cheaper pieces.

Archived