For PG Newbies

Emdee

I think its Patrick's dont they mention Patrick singing over the rainbow.

Patrick also has a full day Motu Picnic and the PG has the safari on BB as well. The views from the top are fabulous though DD says the helicopter ride views are even better . Unfortunately they have stopped the heli excursion.

I have never done Patrick's excursion as I love the BB Motu so much but I may do it in the future.

We've done Patricks full day and would do it again. You get to swim with the sharks, feed the sting Rays and get in some awesome snorkeling with a great barbecue thrown in. The cannon thing is his 4WD excursion which is a land excursion we did not go on.:)

Thanks Ahab! I think we have 2 days in BB, so we should be able to do the BB motu one day and Patricks the other.

One question for everyone??

Is Patricks tour "held" at the same motu, or a different area? I don't want to spend 2 days in the exact same place. It sounds like Patricks is a water safari, so if we do that we would not see any of the island, is that true?

I guess that's 2;-)

Familygoboston

I would do Patricks as from all reports its a fun day.

BB has a number of motus ( small islets) around it. The PG Motu is on Motu Tevairoa and they share it with the BB Pearl. I am sure Patricks will be a different one but couldnt swear to it. One year we saw people further down on the PG BBMotu coming off a boat and sitting on the beach. This is a good distance away from the PG area and there is a no trespassing sign there.

Then day 2 do the road safari either with Patrick/ship or other operator

Spend the afternoon on the BB Motu - the tenders go up and down.

Thanks Ahab! I think we have 2 days in BB, so we should be able to do the BB motu one day and Patricks the other.

One question for everyone??

Is Patricks tour "held" at the same motu, or a different area? I don't want to spend 2 days in the exact same place. It sounds like Patricks is a water safari, so if we do that we would not see any of the island, is that true?

I guess that's 2;-)

Yes it's a water safari but the barbecue is held on a private island where you can explore if you wish before dinner.:D

Familygoboston

I would do Patricks as from all reports its a fun day.

BB has a number of motus ( small islets) around it. The PG Motu is on Motu Tevairoa and they share it with the BB Pearl. I am sure Patricks will be a different one but couldnt swear to it. One year we saw people further down on the PG BBMotu coming off a boat and sitting on the beach. This is a good distance away from the PG area and there is a no trespassing sign there.

Then day 2 do the road safari either with Patrick/ship or other operator

Spend the afternoon on the BB Motu - the tenders go up and down.

Thanks this sounds like good advice...we are defiantely Do-ers, so we will not mind that pace, and we will be happy to see so much of the place! If it's as wonderful as you say, we will be back;)

Yes it's a water safari but the barbecue is held on a private island where you can explore if you wish before dinner.:D

Thanks! It looks really great, though the little pigs on the grill are rough on my vegetarian sensibilities:eek:...but I've traveled enough to deal with that cultural difference. My favorite story was in Africa where folks were just shocked that a rich person (and we are all rich!) would prefer to eat beans and potatoes when they could afford meat!

Archived