2013 price increase

psyfi

Looks like the recession is over. My TA quoted the PG 10 day at almost $1200 each more than Jan 2012 prices with no OBC. I know booking just opened for 2013 so some incentives could come out later but I am getting tired of waiting. I may need to stay with the Ocean Princess. $2400 puts it out of my budget. Bummer.

Doesn't the Princess charge for drinks and extras? Considering PG's price includes this plus air from LA? You don't want to get stuck with that eaxtra at the end. We were there in June and Tahiti is expensive when you're paying for drinks and meals. Just make sure to factor that into the math.

Psyfi,

I havent yet looked into the pricing but one reason could be that ATN is charging them more. Also the ATN flights come in early in the morning and PG gives you a hotel room for the day. Recent passengers can confirm whether lunch is included the first day.

I am sure you will enjoy FP whichever line you take.

Regarding OBC - I think they add them on later in the game thoughyour TA should be providing you with a $300 OBC - fairly standard.

We don't drink so that is neutral. Might make a big difference for some, not for us. I guess they need to pay for their renovations :) I'm not giving up hope yet, but it is not looking good.

Oh and I suppose I should clarify my math. I took the price of my aft balcony on Princess, added tips, added $200 for drinks, added my estimated airfare ( no prices out yet) and I was still $2400 less than a window cabin on PG. I know PG does a day room post cruise, Princess let's you stay on board until your flight. so I did my best to compare apples to apples. I know with PG I get Les Gaugines, 2 private islands, Fakarava, excellent service, etc. Just not sure I can swing the extra cost. I was hoping it would be closer so I could justify it. And for the record, my TA has not offered any OBC, and I do not have an AMEX platinum card, but I will earn some travel money from my TD Visa, but i will get that with either trip. Sigh...

I was on the phone with them earlier today, and prices on most dates are average $200 per person more then last year, not $1200. Looks like prices will be up this week. That is from the base price. Looks like the 10 night base will run less then $200 more then 2012. But I'm not sure if you're looking into the higher end rooms.

Just wondering-when I go to the PG website, I am still not seeing anything for 2013. What gives?

The message was to have TA or call PG direct for pricing / to book:

"Hello,

We are pleased to announce that 2013 sailings will be open and available for booking on Friday, February 3. Please contact your Travel Professional or Paul Gauguin Cruises at 800-848-6172.

Paul Gauguin Cruises "

"Hello,

We are pleased to announce that 2013 sailings will be open and available for booking on Friday, February 3. Please contact your Travel Professional or Paul Gauguin Cruises at 800-848-6172.

Paul Gauguin Cruises "

Really, 2013 doesn't look THAT different from last year. Considering the GREAT service and schedule I am willing to deal with modest increases.

HEY EMDEE - They have a 6/26, 10 day Tuamotus! How about a reunion for 'the villagers'? :D

Would love to join you Motu ... but I am planning on Jan 23rd to get away from our winter.

Maybe Chuck and Mary will be interested as they are going on the equivalent cruise this year! I think they have the flu!

Now we will be 60 in October 2013 so may consider a repeat that year - health and finances permitting of course!

"Hello,

Paul Gauguin Cruises "

Well, seems to me they would want to update their webpage as well. Pretty odd way to run a business.

Archived