power outlets on the PG

lithlith

Are the power outlets in the PG staterooms American outlets or European outlets? Or something else entirely?

How many outlets are in each room?

I know they will work with American "plugs"; I don't recall if they have an outlet for European electronics. There was atleast one plug on the vanity/dressing table in the bedroom (there may have been two there), and I think there was one in the bathroom too.

If your ship was built in Europe, it will run on 220v and should have a 220v socket in the cabin. If it's American owned, it will also have 110v sockets- I don't know how many. Apparently these run through transformers, and are safe, but it's usually wise to take a world-wide adapter so that you can use both voltages. You can buy these very cheaply at supermarkets....just an extra socket to use for your plug-ins!:cool: If it's a British ship, the sockets will be different, but an adapter or two should help!;)

Jo.

Direct from our cruise documentation.

The standard electricial voltage is 220 volts. In the bathrooms you will find a 110-volt AC outlet to accommondate most US standard shavers. There are both 220 volts and 110 volts AC outles in teh suite/stateroom beside the dressing table mirror.

A teh outlet as I need to know if I bring an power strip from North America I do not have to use it in the bathroom. You have stated that in staterooms there is a teh 110v outlet?

[whispers]I think 'teh' is a typo for 'the'.[/whispers]

I haven't been on the PG (yet!) but I think justme is saying there are outlets for both voltages in the stateroom. You shouldn't have to use a power strip in the bathroom--which might be a razor only outlet anywah--but please do check with the ship's policies about such things, which can be a fire hazard.

There is 110 and 220 at your vanity desk that you can use for your laptop. There is also a 110 somewhere in the vicinity of the balcony door/sofa. Do not use the 110 in the bathroom as it is for shavers and my next door neighbor on my last cruise fried his laptop!! Costly mistake. You will be fine with the vanity.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived