2014 itineraries?

isabelle315

Does anyone know when Paul Gauguin's 2014 itineraries will be released? Looking at March 2014, specifically, for a honeymoon. :)

Hello Isabelle315,

Thanks for your interest in Paul Gauguin Cruises. We will be announcing our 2014 schedule in January 2013 and hope you will be sailing with us for your honeymoon.

Kind Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

Thank you so much for the response!

Since you're still working on it, please feel free to schedule a 10 or 11 night cruise during the first two weeks of March. We'd hate to fly all the way out there and only be able to do a 7 nighter. For what it's worth. Ha!!

Thank you so much for the response!

Since you're still working on it, please feel free to schedule a 10 or 11 night cruise during the first two weeks of March. We'd hate to fly all the way out there and only be able to do a 7 nighter. For what it's worth. Ha!!

Hello Isabelle315,

Thanks for your suggestion!

Best,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

Would be nice to have a 10-11 day cruise in December. 2012 & 2013 only have 7 day runs which eliminates us as we won't want to duplicate the same run back to back years. It was nice having the 11 day Cook Islands run in December 2011.

Hello Tiki!

Thanks for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Tiki!

Thanks for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

please schedule a few 14 day cruises for us in spring of 2014

if we have to fly somewhere we would like to see more ports and

places plus stay a few days before and after for a total of 3 weeks -

we are retired !!!

which is the best month w/ less rainfall or

is it just a little rain each day rather than lengthy storms ?

thanks !!! ann & jim

I think the summer months of JULy/August tend to be the best with less rain. But you abut rainforests so there always is some rain. However the weather is very pleasant then with little humidity. That said we have been at various times in the year and the weather had never been horrid so hope that keeps up for us next year too!

Would like to reserve a cruise for the Sept 2014 reunion. Although this will be my first with PG, have been with several other cruiselines. Since this itinerary is still being worked out, how do i reserve space for us on it. Do we pay when reserve?oceanview or balcony, how do we know which stateroom to pick? If we take out insurance, on own, will we receive refund if have to cancel as not for 2 years off. Is the balcony similiar size to RCCL, etc? or smaller? appreciate help, thanks

Hi Oceanbabe,

When the cruise itineraries come out in January you can reserve with a TA. Its simple and not a big deal.

Once you reserve you will pay a deposit. Cancellation will be full except for $100 per person until 90 days or so before the cruise.Please checkthe PG website and it will give you details of their cancellation policy.

Regarding insurance suggest you do some research or post a thread and get some ideas for others. I kind of buy the cadillac version where you can cancel for any reason though it works out expensive. I buy it when I put my deposit down.

Also check the PG website for balconies and size of rooms. A number of rooms are the same size and the balconies are really small.

Hi Oceanbabe,

When the cruise itineraries come out in January you can reserve with a TA. Its simple and not a big deal.

Once you reserve you will pay a deposit. Cancellation will be full except for $100 per person until 90 days or so before the cruise.Please checkthe PG website and it will give you details of their cancellation policy.

Regarding insurance suggest you do some research or post a thread and get some ideas for others. I kind of buy the cadillac version where you can cancel for any reason though it works out expensive. I buy it when I put my deposit down.

Also check the PG website for balconies and size of rooms. A number of rooms are the same size and the balconies are really small.

Emdee: Did you get your docs, ours came in yesterday

Mike

As we just finished our Nov. Dec. cruise of 12 days and a few before and after it was better weather than when we went in July many many years ago.

So weather changes and is never a given as we had rain only one day for 15min. and perfect seas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Noodle, thanks for the update!!! Since they said "January," I've been checking every couple days - I should have known that the new schedule would be posted on the 31st, ha!! :)

I have my fingers crossed for an itinerary on the right dates.... we are limited to a particular 2-week-ish window in March, and have our hearts set on PG for our big honeymoon trip!!!!

I checked too and i'm guessing they are running behind. Wish they would get this info together so those that are planning for one year out can get their plans made. Other cruise lines have their schedules out so PG might lose some customers that go ahead with another vacation. I'm okay with waiting but I love the planning and build up of having a big trip to count down to.

I called and the 2014 schedule is available to your TA or if you call in. Not sure when they will update their website. They don't have prices for pre and post cruise stays yet, only the cruise. I can tell you for the Feb 7 night sailing I was looking at they are about $300 more per person (give or take and depending on the stateroom you choose) than last year's prices listed on their website.

Does anyone know when Paul Gauguin's 2014 itineraries will be released? Looking at March 2014, specifically, for a honeymoon. :)

Paul Gauguin Cruises 2014 voyages on the m/s Paul Gauguin are now available for booking. Please contact your Travel Agent or Paul Gauguin Cruises at 800-848-6172 for itineraries and rates. We will have the 2014 Paul Gauguin itineraries uploaded to the website within a week. Bookings for the m/v Tere Moana 2014 season will be available within the next week to 10 days.

$4815.05 + $140 tax for Cat 3 per person - Includes LAX economy, pre/post day rooms and transfers. That is the price for repeaters which gives a 10% discount.

I'm PG broke right now. Just got off the PG a month ago and already booked my TM for this year and had to put out for the plane tickets. Guess I'll need to wait a bit for more money.

I help create the itinerary and I might not be able to go. :(

$4815.05 + $140 tax for Cat 3 per person - Includes LAX economy, pre/post day rooms and transfers. That is the price for repeaters which gives a 10% discount.

I'm PG broke right now. Just got off the PG a month ago and already booked my TM for this year and had to put out for the plane tickets. Guess I'll need to wait a bit for more money.

I help create the itinerary and I might not be able to go. :(

Tiki, what does cat 3 translate into for the ABCD thing? We usually like a balcony on 6 which is D, the window is E and the port hole is F, do you mean deck 3 (port hole)?

This feels doable to me- depending on how quickly they ramp up up the cost of each level of cabin, we have some budget for a medium -ish trip fall/winter 2014/15, and this is in line with the Eastern European river cruise we were considering. The big ticket item is the Antarctica cruise planned for Fall/winter 2015/16.

The cost ramps up sharply after the E Window cabins on deck 4. Big premium for a balcony. Our E price is $5,265.50 pp + tax, withthe discount.

If we do this, we'll have to tough it out in Coach I think. Last time we managed Biz, but that was with Regent, who has the great business class upgrade specials. Oh well. Hoping we can swing a pre-cruise instead.

Does anyone know if you can just do a night or two pre-cruise, through PGcruises, instead of the full 3-night? Two nights at the Radisson might suit nicely if we can't manage the 4-night Moorea pre-cruise.

Archived