Air and one night pre-cruise booked with cruise line - experiences?

BrendaJ

Could anyone share with me their experiences on booking their air and one night pre-cruise through the cruise line? Although air schedules and hotel prices aren't yet published for our cruise next year, I'm trying to get an idea of how it all works.

From what I can see of this year's air schedules from L.A. for this April, the flights arrive at 5:30 a.m. If you arrive so early, and plan one night pre-cruise, what happens between your arrival time and being able to check in to the hotel? Will we get a transfer to the hotel and somewhere to store our bags until we can check into the room?

What time do they take you to the ship the next day? Can you stay at the hotel till boarding time?

Any information is appreciated - this is our first time on PG and I'm pretty excited, even though our trip is over a year away.

It's the way I prefer to go as everything is taken care of and you can just relax.

You can have your bags taken care of while you wait for a room. Sometimes a room is already available and you get to check-in early but don't plan on it, if it happens ........... yeah!

You can stay in your room until a few hours prior to transfer time to the ship. First bus loads up around 2:30 pm

Unless your wanting to use FFM this is the way to go .........

Agreed!

Arriving early in the AM and having everything managed by PGC is the way to go.

Enjoying a relaxing morning (hopefully snoozing on your balcony or deck) and a quick shower before you take the short bus ride to the ship makes for a much better first day on board.

Opt for the IC for your day room even if you have to pay a few dollars extra (last month for post-cruise I think it was $40).

Edited by MotuIslander

Wow - thanks for the quick replies. Sounds like this is definitely the way to go. We hope to stay at the IC pre-cruise, plus have our day room there post-cruise, since it looks like the nicer location of the two options.

As we have no frequent flier miles, we will be booking everything through the cruise line.

I am certainly looking forward to planning this one!

So Motu ............ getting any snow? I figure about 6500 feet is the snow line right now.

Rim of the world drive should be beautiful this weekend as there should be no smog, might need to take the drive ........

I guess Motu and family are all skiing down the Mountain!

I have a hill of snow and ice about 12 feet tall in my front yard!

BrendaJ - Ask your travel agent about paying for a guaranteed early checkin on your pre-cruise. It may cost you a full night but we found it was worth it and, given your home base, you may too.

So Motu ............ getting any snow? I figure about 6500 feet is the snow line right now.

Rim of the world drive should be beautiful this weekend as there should be no smog, might need to take the drive ........

I am typing this in the bar at Snow Valley (kids are skiing/boarding). There is man-made snow on the major runs, but only a dusting everywhere else. We have not really had winter yet.

I think I know where you live too. How's Tobin James? Norm at Dark Star?:rolleyes: