Anyone Used Allianz Travel Insurance for Their PG Cruise?

Espi

We've already paid for our cruise set to embark on Aug. 30th (12-day, Fiji, Tonga, Society Islands). I definitely want the peace of mind to know that we're covered in case one of gets sick, etc.

Our travel agent is quoting us $1664.00 for travel insurance for my wife and me--through a company called Allianz. The insurance covers the international flight. It does NOT cover the domestic flight (Tampa to Los Angeles).

Anybody ever use them?

Here's what we'll get:

Trip Cancellation Up to 100% of Trip Cost+

Trip Interruption Up to 150% of Trip Cost ++

Baggage Coverage $1,000

Baggage Delay $300

Change Fee Coverage $250+++

Frequent Traveler/Loyalty Plan Coverage $250

Missed Connection $800

Emergency Medical Transportation $500,000

Emergency Medical/Dental Coverage ($500 maximum for Emergency Dental Care) $25,000

Travel Delay $800 ($200/day)

24-Hour Hotline Assistance Plus Included

*Benefits are per person.

+The maximum amount of Trip Cancellation coverage is $100,000. ++The maximum amount of Trip Interruption coverage is $150,000.

+++For New York residents Change Fee Coverage may be payable under Trip Cancellation/Interruption Protection.

Edited by Espi

That's very high. Check out one of the brokers at squaremouth or insuremytrip (add .com) to build the insurance package you want/need. I personally use squaremouth to build it out. FP insurance will be higher than a Caribbean trip, but not that high and you can insure the entire trip cost, not just portions of it.

That is VERY high. I think something is wrong (unless you're booked in the Owner's Suite?).

We have used both Allianz and Travel Guard and not had quotes even 1/3 that much. Of course it greatly depends on cost of the trip and especially the age of the travelers.

You might want to go to Travel Guard and look at the My Travel Guard option under the ALL PRODUCTS menu on their website. For some reason the a la carte option always works better for us.

OH, and by the way, we had to use the insurance last summer for a medical emergency. After three trips to the on board Medical Clinic, I had to take a water taxi from Tahaa to Raiatea, then a plane to Papeete, a trip to the hospital then a flight to Los Angeles. Everything was paid for quickly and without a fuss. Don't leave home without it!

The only thing that made me happier than having the insurance was how the WONDERFUL staff and crew of the Paul Gauguin took such good care of me and made sure that all the arrangements were made, including tracking every step of my journey home. We returned six months later to thank our family on the PG (and to spend the insurance check!).

Edited by MotuIslander

That is VERY high. I think something is wrong (unless you're booked in the Owner's Suite?).

We have used both Allianz and Travel Guard and not had quotes even 1/3 that much. Of course it greatly depends on cost of the trip and especially the age of the travelers.

You might want to go to Travel Guard and look at the My Travel Guard option under the ALL PRODUCTS menu on their website. For some reason the a la carte option always works better for us.

OH, and by the way, we had to use the insurance last summer for a medical emergency. After three trips to the on board Medical Clinic, I had to take a water taxi from Tahaa to Raiatea, then a plane to Papeete, a trip to the hospital then a flight to Los Angeles. Everything was paid for quickly and without a fuss. Don't leave home without it!

The only thing that made me happier than having the insurance was how the WONDERFUL staff and crew of the Paul Gauguin took such good care of me and made sure that all the arrangements were made, including tracking every step of my journey home. We returned six months later to thank our family on the PG (and to spend the insurance check!).

Glad everything worked out as we also use travel guard.