Final word from RCCL on Jeans-in-Dining-Room policy

PAGA

Don't know if anyone else is tired of the debate on these boards and has posed the question to RCCL, but here's the response I received:

"Denim jeans are allowed in the main dining room on casual attire evenings.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Pedro Curbelo

Customer Service Representative"

So I guess this means that those who can't stand blue jeans in the main dining room will need to find a different cruise line or get over it. Either that or call RCI themselves, talk to a different person and get a different answer. You know RCI is pretty good at giving different anwers when the same question is asked more than once.

Now, let's move on to more stimulating conversation like, when will the surcharges for things like JR's ever end or, why can't RCI enforce the rule of no kids in the hot tub or in the solarium. You know, the really good perpetual disagreements.

Imagine that...no responses because no one wants to admit they were wrong.

I'll respond.:D :rolleyes: Note it says "casual attire evenings". I'm not sure that was ever the argument, but more to the point, that people wear them on other nights that were not casual. Such as formal and "smart casual".

Those are the nights that I think have been argued over. Everyone knows they are allowed on the first, last, and any other designated "casual" night.

Open mouth, insert foot.:D ;)

My mom always told me: "you cannot teach others how to act and have respect for the rules, however you can teach your children to do the right thing by example!"

I take the attitude that I will do my best to conform when it's appropriate and fight the rules which are unjust! I care how I look and feel when on a cruise but that's me. If someone wants to wear jeans and the ship doesn't say anything, not my problem..... I will not feel bad 'cause I know I look good (my kids too)!!;)

If the ship says OK to jeans on "casual night" ~ so be it! Enough said!:)

Don't know if anyone else is tired of the debate on these boards and has posed the question to RCCL, but here's the response I received:

Pedro Curbelo

Unfortunately, that is pretty much meaningless - you could have a thread almost as long as the one about jeans in the dining room if you compiled all the posts about things heard directly from RCI that turned out to be inaccurate.

You're more likely to get the right answer here than direct from the source.

Pedro Curbelo

Funny you should post that, I sent an email to the customer support address on the website asking that very question. Haven't received a response yet but it appears you did.

Thanks for confirming what alot of us suspected. ;)

Imagine that...no responses because no one wants to admit they were wrong. :D ;)

I did not respond not because I don't want to admit anything, but simply because I didn't see this post.

Besides, I believe you fabricated your response.

Also, even if you didn't, how many hundreds of times have there been posts (on any subject) complaining about how the various points of contact for Royal Caribbean have been wrong or misleading?

And I also wonder how the question was posed. Royal Caribbean I found doesn't want to say no to any of their passengers (which is mostly a good thing), so if you asked the question with bias saying you really hope you are allowed to wear jeans, they probably formed their response to make you happy. On the other hand, if someone were to pose the question making it seem like they would be unhappy if jeans were allowed, then I bet the company would respond saying they are NOT allowed.

Unfortunately, that is pretty much meaningless - you could have a thread almost as long as the one about jeans in the dining room if you compiled all the posts about things heard directly from RCI that turned out to be inaccurate.

It's meaningless because it doesn't match your opinion.

It was the casual nights I was asking about. In fact I never made a reference to formal nights. Although I don't know how to make my previous quote appear in a nice gray box, here's what I said in the original post:

"I have read the following dress code which clearly does not prohibit jeans (since jeans are pants and it is suggested that women wear pants on casual night) so where is the infamous "no jean" policy?"

I guess people want to back peddle now and pretend that we were debating whether or not to wear jeans to what is designated as a formal occasion!

You know what? I really don't care about this any more. I will not be wearing jeans on my cruise at all ( I wear them too much at home) but my teenage boys MAY wear them with a nice shirt on a casual night.

I really have got to the point now, after reading so many of these different posts about the same topic, that I am care more about whether people are going to be polite and have a good attitude on my cruise than what they are wearing.

Obviously, I would prefer not to sit next to someone at the dining room who likes like they have just finished gardening out in the yard, but if they have a good personality, mind their manners and provide stimulating conversation over dinner then I for one will be happy!

It was the casual nights I was asking about. In fact I never made a reference to formal nights. Although I don't know how to make my previous quote appear in a nice gray box, here's what I said in the original post:

"I have read the following dress code which clearly does not prohibit jeans (since jeans are pants and it is suggested that women wear pants on casual night) so where is the infamous "no jean" policy?"

I guess people want to back peddle now and pretend that we were debating whether or not to wear jeans to what is designated as a formal occasion!

No, not me, no backpeddling. Jeans are still inappropriate in the dining room at dinner regardless of which night.

Perhaps you didn't read. MGoBlue2 gave a reason why it was meaningless, and I agree.

HAHAHA so you and MGoBlue2 are now speaking in official capacity for RCCL? I'll take the customer service rep's (who incidentally has his name attached to the response) word over your's thank you very much.

Nice try though.;)

Permitted and inappropriate have distinct meanings. IF it is correct that jeans are now permitted in the dining room, it does not mean they are not tacky.

Again, it's inappropriate to you. You and I are irrelevant. If it is suitable to the host its clearly not inappropriate.

It's meaningless because it doesn't match your opinion.

Actually, I don't have much of an opinion about jeans in the dining room, I do have an opinion about the reliability of RCI Customer Service Reps.

Again, it's inappropriate to you. You and I are irrelevant. If it is suitable to the host its clearly not inappropriate.

I have emailed two different RCI reps to see what their comments are; one a district manager and the other a senior marketing person at Crown and Anchor. It will be interesting to read their responses and I will be sure to post when I get them.

Archived