Royal Palms Questions

mabkcruisers

We have reservations for a cabana at the Royal Palms for a July cruise on the Empress of the Seas. Just wondering....

Do taxi drivers accept US dollars? We have read that fare is $4 US per person.

We will have our two teenage sons with us. One can use the pool but the other is too young, so we are wondering what options are available to keep them entertained for the day. Is the water at the Royal Palms suitable for snorkeling or just swimming?

Does anyone have a picture of or information about a recent bar/lunch menu? Just wondering how much to budget to feed 4 for lunch and buy a couple of drinks. The Royal Palms website says the menu is being updated, so it is currently unavailable.

Thanks for your help!

While you can technically snorkel anywhere, there isn't much to see in the water at Royal Palms. There is a watersports operator nearby, so that might be an option.

We'll be in Cayman for a few weeks starting next weekend. I'm sure I can twist DH's rubber arm and get him to go to Royal Palms for lunch one day if no one has posted the menus before then.

Unless you REALLY want a pool, the beaches are all public, with chair rentals, umbrellas, etc. The public access areas have restrooms, and food/drink is up and down the beach. The bus is $2.50pp..and is easy and reliable.

The Seagrape beach area has watersport rentals, too.

Unless you REALLY want a pool, the beaches are all public, with chair rentals, umbrellas, etc. The public access areas have restrooms, and food/drink is up and down the beach. The bus is $2.50pp..and is easy and reliable.

The Seagrape beach area has watersport rentals, too.

If you read the OP's post, they've already reserved a cabana for the day at Royal Palms, so info about other spots likely isn't too useful for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royal Palms was beautiful. We were there last week. Cab was 4 dollars per person. Not good for snorkeling. Food was excessively expensive.

Unfortunately, prices are like that all over Cayman. It's not a cheap spot. On the flip side, it's very safe for tourists to DIY excursions there, and you can drink the water and eat the food without health concerns. :-)

We went to the Royal Palms last week. We did not book a shore excursion in Grand Cayman but when we exited the port area, there were a bunch of people with signs to go to various places. It was $4 to the Royal Palms. When we arrived, it was only $2 to get into the resort for the day. They had a pool, a bathroom with changing areas and outdoor showers, a bar, and beach chairs for rent. The chairs were $10. I didn't see the cabanas unless they were the ones by the pool. We didn't order food but the drinks were quite pricey. It was not busy at all. The beach was beautiful and the water was crystal clear and calm. You may want to wear beach shoes as you are entering the water because there is a rocky area and a quick drop but the water was nice and shallow. We absolutely loved our time there and just wish we had more of it. Enjoy your time at the Royal Palms!:)

We're going for lunch tomorrow, so I'll post menu pics when we get back to the house tomorrow night. Anything else people want a picture of?

Edited by bookbabe

We were there last week....chicken sandwich, fish sandwich, and 4 alcoholic drinks were $105 without tip.....food was very very good...as were the Cayman coladas.....Cayman dollar is $1.25 to our $1......they are very strict about the ages for the pool...saw a family with 3 young teens who were told the age restriction and asked them to leave the pool. $4.00 per person by cab....$2 each to get in....sat on lounger by pool...no fee....only 1 cabana was rented and they never stayed in it....lots if beach chairs...$10 per chair and $15 for an umbrella. Very clean, good service....would go back

Edited by Emptynesternow

• 1 month later...
How Crowded is Royal Palms when 3 ships and 10,000 passengers are in port?

IMO, less crowded than some of the other spots along Seven Mile Beach. The $2 entry fee and the adults-only status of the pool chase off some people, I think.

Am I understanding this correctly? To rent a lounge by the pool its $10 per lounge but to rent a cabana for 4 people (which comes with lounge chairs) it's $50 ?

To me its a no brainer to rent the cabana yes ? Or am I reading this wrong? Also, did you say something about a special/promo?

I'll be on the Carnival Sensation but the Carnival Dream and the Freedom of the Seas will also be there the same day?

Will be myself, hubby and my parents (who are 85+)... probably best to rent the poolside cabana ? What are your opinions please ?

Am I understanding this correctly? To rent a lounge by the pool its $10 per lounge but to rent a cabana for 4 people (which comes with lounge chairs) it's $50 ?

To me its a no brainer to rent the cabana yes ? Or am I reading this wrong? Also, did you say something about a special/promo?

I'll be on the Carnival Sensation but the Carnival Dream and the Freedom of the Seas will also be there the same day?

Will be myself, hubby and my parents (who are 85+)... probably best to rent the poolside cabana ? What are your opinions please ?

The $10 is for the beach loungers. No idea if there's a charge for the poolside chairs...I've never seen signs about them.

The pool is nice, and I've rarely seen many people in it.

Ive been quite a few time so ill try give some info here:

RP is on 7 mile beach, its one of the first taxi stops from the cruise port. Takes about 10 min to get to(depending on traffic)

There use to be free pool side loungers available on a first come basis right in front of the bar, but no more... They have been replaced with tables reserved for people to eat. All poolside loungers now belong to the cabanas. Poolside cabanas are $50 each, comes with a 4 seat cabana area and 2 lounge chairs. Beach cabanas are $100 come with a 4 seat cabana area and 4 lounge chairs located behind the rows of regular $10 seats.

Food was good. Nothing to write home about. Love their swim up bar. The DJ takes requests but dont forget to tip.