houston to galveston help

sunsetme

If you're flying in the day before, I recommend Galveston Limo. Very reasonably priced and reliable, they also pick up and drop off at both airports, as well as pick up after the cruise at the port. Best thing is you can purchase round trip "tickets" when they pick you up and you won't have to worry when you disembark.

Flying in the day off, I'm sure carnival offers transfers.

:rolleyes: I tried for days to book a car from Houston International Airport to leave at Galveston the next day, when we set sail. No rental agency would allow a one way drop. The limo services I got quotes from were pricey ($50 per person). We are a family of 4. We also needed one night accomodation in Galveston and all the reasonably priced, nice places were booked. I finally called my travel agent at Carnival and he arranged a one way car rental and accomodation at the Hotel Galvez for $60 pp, taxes included. A bargain since the Galvez usually makes you stay two nights minimum and charges $300 per night.

For the return trip, I called Enterprise and got a very accomodating young man who agreed it didn't seem right that you couldn't pick up a car at the cruise terminal and drop it at the air terminal. He called his superiors who overrode the computer system and we will be picked up at the dock in Galveston upon deembarkation and dropping our car three days later at Houston. They say there's no drop charge, but the daily charge is more than normal. However, when travelling with children, you need to get these things organized ahead of time. We had no problem in Miami, I don't know why Houston - Galveston is so difficult.

Hope this helps!:D

I used the Carnival bus transfer from IAH to Galveston and back, and it was great. We were the first one to get off the ship and got to the airport in plenty of time.The limo service is less expensive, from what I have heard.

If you call the airport desk and the Galveston desk directly, you can probably get someone to quote one-way rentals for you. But, they won't do it on the toll-free national number.

We (there are 4 adults plus luggage) are renting two one-way minivans. For some reason, IAH to Galveston is cheaper than the return.

Prices (with taxes, etc and using a 20% off Entertainment Book coupon) are $89 from IAH to Galveston and $110 for the return.

--Heidi

If you call the airport desk and the Galveston desk directly, you can probably get someone to quote one-way rentals for you. But, they won't do it on the toll-free national number.

We (there are 4 adults plus luggage) are renting two one-way minivans. For some reason, IAH to Galveston is cheaper than the return.

Prices (with taxes, etc and using a 20% off Entertainment Book coupon) are $89 from IAH to Galveston and $110 for the return.

--Heidi

We live in Houston and we booked a limo from our house to the port for $110 each way. There are 4 of us, plus luggage, of course.

I read someones post here earlier this week that said they had rented a car from IAH to Galveston, with one way drop off. (Also did the reverse on return) They said it was cheaper than any other way they had found. We are sailing 7/10 on the Elation, and I have been trying to find the best way for our family to get to the port from our home in Houston. I didn't really like the idea of leaving our car there for a whole week. It was going to be $150 each way for a town car and a limo would be $300. This was coming from a limo service that located about 2 miles from my house! I guess we'll just pay the $80 for covered parking and take our chances. GOOD LUCK and have a great trip!

Who did you use?

We used Excellence Limo. It is normally $130 each way, but we use them alot and my parents are using them in July when they cruise from Galveston, so he cut us a break. If you want their number, let me know and I'll get your email address and send it to you.

We used Excellence Limo. It is normally $130 each way' date=' but we use them alot and my parents are using them in July when they cruise from Galveston, so he cut us a break. If you want their number, let me know and I'll get your email address and send it to you.[/quote']

That would be great. I tried to find a website for them but didn't have any luck.

Archived