Spring 2010 Explorer cruise Cancelled???

This is huge news as my family now loves cruising out of NJ! We love the EXPLORER and will miss it. I would hope it would be a Freedom class ship as that would be awesome and a Radiance Class ship would be okay but i would like the newer ships!! We will all be in suspense until it is stated what ship will be coming to NJ! Maybe they will bring 2 ships up since NJ is a hot port filling up ships pretty fast. Can we pray for a Freedom class and a Radiance Class? Pray, Pray, Pray!!!!!

• Administrators
This is huge news as my family now loves cruising out of NJ! We love the EXPLORER and will miss it. I would hope it would be a Freedom class ship as that would be awesome and a Radiance Class ship would be okay but i would like the newer ships!! We will all be in suspense until it is stated what ship will be coming to NJ! Maybe they will bring 2 ships up since NJ is a hot port filling up ships pretty fast. Can we pray for a Freedom class and a Radiance Class? Pray, Pray, Pray!!!!!

Me too, as I love cruising RCI out of Bayonne .

We're checking on this new development, stay tuned.

Laura

It would be great to find out any news. I have been on the case about something ' weird' going for about 2 weeks now as we are booked on 9th April 2010 out of Bayonne and it has been showing N/A for about that long. RCI have been very coy about it and have just told me it was inventory changes????

At the moment my cruise is still listed on website but N/A so am assuming quite soon it will be cancelled.

Does anyone know what happens to us and our bookings??? I was soooo happy as had managed to snag an aft on deck 10 JS for a really good price, so will be gutted if I dont get a good exchange!!:mad:

It will be interesting to see which ship arrives and if it will sail different itineraries.

We are booked on the 3/28/10 AOS out of SJ, BUT if they bring in a new ship with a different itinerary, I may switch just to be able to drive to the port!

RCCL may rethinking their deployment in Europe now that Carnival is pulling one of their ships out and departing from the US and doing a Caribbean sailing instead.

I am sure with the Euro and pound dropping vs. the US dollar and the economic problems affecting more areas of the world, RCCL is going to be reassessing where they will be sending their ships as well. If they don't fill them, it will cost them revenue.

MARAPRINCE

When I called RCI they said the EOS is being deployed. No ship in the NY area during Easter/ Passover week is not a smart thing for RCI. I am sure they are bringing in something else.

I couldnt do Presidents week out of NY because it was a 12 day and too many school days missed. Maybe they will have another ship here for that time frame also- wishful thinking;) I hate flying February.

This is very exciting!

The only thing is March 7th and 19th are there and so is April 9th. BUT the in betweens are not.

At the moment April 9th is there, but I am sure they will cancel that one as it is 'closed' for bookings (and states N/A)

We are booked on that one, and just playing the waiting game....... though its killing me!

Last week my March 28, 2010 cruise and the following cruise went N/A on the Royal website. Now my cruise date and my reservation number are no longer listed. Is it safe to assume my cruise has been cancelled ?

I am new to cruising (first cruise booked for next year) but had been looking at Royal Caribbean cruise calendar for 2010 to see what European cruises were available. The only destinations available beyond April/May are the Caribbean and Mexico. Don't know if this is the norm or not.

I am new to cruising (first cruise booked for next year) but had been looking at Royal Caribbean cruise calendar for 2010 to see what European cruises were available. The only destinations available beyond April/May are the Caribbean and Mexico. Don't know if this is the norm or not.

Yes, itineraries for Summer '10 will be announced around March/April '09. The only ship that is on sale right through to Nov '10 is Oasis.

Welcome to CC!!! Great to see that a few more people on this side of the pond are discovering this site! How did you find it??

Health Warning - it is addictive!

Yes, itineraries for Summer '10 will be announced around March/April '09. The only ship that is on sale right through to Nov '10 is Oasis.

Welcome to CC!!! Great to see that a few more people on this side of the pond are discovering this site! How did you find it??

Health Warning - it is addictive!

Thanks - I think it was a link from Royal Caribbean. You're not wrong about it being addictive - I'm driving everyone crazy with all this info I'm finding! I'm just hoping cruising will prove to be as addictive to my husband - its taken me years to persuade him to try it out.

This is the perfect forum to unveil my prediction.............I have been saying for quite some time that I predict that RCCL will bring Liberty of the Seas up to Bayonne.

It's perfect!!!!!!!!! Statue of Liberty......Cape Liberty cruise port!!! I think they named the ship with the intent of making the NJ/NY area it's home port. Just my .02 cents.

We need a larger ship up here!!! Maybe 2 of them!!! Choice is always good. We've sailed on the Explorer 5 times and once on the Voyager, so.........a different class ship would be fun to sail on!!!!

Who knows.......maybe they'll bring up one of the big ones (Oasis and I forgot the other one). That would be great!!!!

The suspense is killing me!!!

Cruisinkat

CruisinKat while I think you may be right about the Liberty, I don't think you'll ever see the Oasis or Allure up there - due to the grass in the Central park which is even less fond of winter weather than most humans.:p

Archived