Ft Lauderdale Hotel...

Sgroi135

I am looking for a hotel near the terminal in Ft Lauderdale. Anyone recommend any? I think we are going to fly out the night before so that we dont have to rush the morning of. We are JetBluers and out of Newark they are ony showing a 9am flight landing at 12:15. Do you think that it is enough time to get to the terminal without rushing? Or is the hotel the right way to go?

I am not looking to stay at the 5 Seasons type hotel bu I am also ot looking to sty in a roach motel. Any suggestions?

You might like Holiday Inn Express Convention Center. Or look at Hyatt Place north on valuetrips.com. These are all within blocks of the port entrance, and easy access to restaurants and stores. They are also a very short ride to the beach.

We just booked Embassy suites because we are 4 people and wanted the larger room. The Renaissance gets great reviews and has pretty reasonable prices at the moment. Both are located very close to the port, and more importantly, within walking distance to restaurants and shops so we have something to do and somewhere to eat.

We find that flying in a day in advance not only relieves the stress of missing the ship if your day-of flight is delayed, but it also allows you to get a good night's sleep and board the ship feeling well and refreshed! I found that when we used to fly in the day of the cruise, I arrived exhausted and headachy, and needed a day or two into the cruise to recover.

I just used Priceline and got the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hotel for $75. It's 4 miles from the airport and one mile from the Port. It also has beach access. I'm stoked!

Did you use the name your own price??? I am always skeptical of that feature LOL

If you are thinking of using Priceline or Hotwire and want to be close to the port, use the downtown Fort Lauderdale zone. If you choose any other areas you are gambling that you could end up with a lot of cab fare, as the zones are quite spread out.

If you are thinking of using Priceline or Hotwire and want to be close to the port, use the downtown Fort Lauderdale zone. If you choose any other areas you are gambling that you could end up with a lot of cab fare, as the zones are quite spread out.

Thank you!

We just booked Embassy suites because we are 4 people and wanted the larger room. The Renaissance gets great reviews and has pretty reasonable prices at the moment. Both are located very close to the port, and more importantly, within walking distance to restaurants and shops so we have something to do and somewhere to eat.

Would you consider the Embassy Suites within walking distance to the port?

It is not in walking distance of the port.

Keith

We have stayed 3 times over the past 2 years at the Renaissance which is on 17th at Eisenhower, right out side of the port gates and less than a $10 cab ride to the pier. The hotel like most in FLL does get expensive during the winter cruise season.

It is about 6 blocks from the north port entrance gate, but unless your ship is at Terminal 3, which is a block from the entrance, most terminals are more than a mile from the entrance.

Archived