lite crude price watch?

oldmedic

here is a simple one, although I don't know the difference in the 4 columns.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/crude2.html

thanks! i see that on the 1th,20th and the 21st all columns are over the $70.00 mark..... so much for my daughter getting her fuel supplement back on her Nov. sail date....

opec is going to vote today to curtail production. Don't bet that oil prices are going much lower.:( Can't see them staying where they are.

U.S. lite crude for December delivery dropped to $63.04 a barrel today despite OPEC's statement that it will cut production by about 5% starting in November. If I remember correctly from another thread, Carnival's position on rebating/stopping the fuel supplement charge was that crude had to drop to $60 or less per barrel and stay there for about 4 to 6 weeks before they would rebate/refund the fuel supplement.

The way I understand it is that is has to be below $70 for 25 trading days or 5 weeks and they calculate it 5 days before your cruise to is essence it is 6 weeks. So the Nov 21 sailing will not be refunded which is sad because thats when i am going.

The way I understand it is that is has to be below $70 for 25 trading days or 5 weeks and they calculate it 5 days before your cruise to is essence it is 6 weeks. So the Nov 21 sailing will not be refunded which is sad because thats when i am going.

sorry, I was counting 25 days, not 25 business days, my apology.....

Make sure that the Cruise line knows that you are unhappy with the Fuel Surcharge Policy since you will likely be cruiseing at a time when the price of Oil is below $70 and more than 100% below the all time high in July and the stated reason Carnival increased the Surcharge to $9 per person/per day. Oil prices now have dropped to below where they were in the Summer of 2007 when there were no Fuel Surcharges. Carnival didn't wait for the price of Oil to climb to $100 per barrel for 25 consecutive trading days before they implented the Surcharge, but they will make their customers wait and maybe get an OBC...

Like I said, make your voices heard, they might ignore a couple of customers but not hundreds or thousands.

opec is going to vote today to curtail production. Don't bet that oil prices are going much lower.:( Can't see them staying where they are.

Oil is down heavy today. (so is the market). If we go into a recession and folks cant afford to drive, oil prices could indeed continue to drop. Oil is down over $3 a barrel today.

There was a thread to watch the price. I saved it under favorites, but it now says invalid thread, so there must be a reason they pulled it. someone posted a pdf file of the prices daily he was going to do.

Yeah for some reason it was pulled. I'm still wondering why and would love to know what rules I broke so I don't do it again.

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/AboutUs/FuelSupplementUpdate.aspx

Carnival now has a chart on their website with the daily price. That should help everyone. I figured our cruise on the 29th would have begun pricing on Oct. 17 and it was over then and the 20, 21st so I would say the 29 and 30th sailings would be out for getting a refund.

Make sure that the Cruise line knows that you are unhappy with the Fuel Surcharge Policy since you will likely be cruising at a time when the price of Oil is below $70 and more than 100% below the all time high in July

I should have said the price per barrel is 50% below or more than half the price of what it was in July. :)

Just because US markets don't trade on weekends, it doesn't mean that oil is not traded on Saturday and Sundays, right (hoping, hoping!!)?

I'm sailing November 15th.

Because I booked kind of late, we're paying the $9 fuel charge....

Am I doomed?

Archived