Drink specials on Celebrity?? Any?

pins5

On the back of the bar menus on the Zenith there is a listing of the daily drink specials. There are three drinks to choose from each day, and they cost $4.25+gratuity. I can't remember all of them, but they had Long Island Ice Teas, Margaritas, Seabreeze, Singapore sling, ......

Also, when they have martini tasting, they give you 5 samples of different martinis(they were very good), and then you can purchase martinis for $5 for about an hour.

I didn't see the Pina Coladas(bummer), but I can say that the Long Islands are very good. :D

Also, when they have martini tasting, they give you 5 samples of different martinis(they were very good), and then you can purchase martinis for $5 for about an hour.

I didn't see the Pina Coladas(bummer), but I can say that the Long Islands are very good. :D

ooooh.....now that sounds good. Ive been thinking about a chocolate martini. Great deal too.....that could be dangerous trying to enjoy as many $5 martini's as you can in one hour!:p

Do you have any other tips from your cruise. We have about 3 weeks left and we will be sailing Zenith to Bermuda. This will be our first time sailing on the Zenith. I would love to hear more :)

Bev

as well as in the Celebrity Today daily sheet in the stateroom. The CD will mock them out which I suggested that they do so folks would want to see if it was that bad or not raising the sales.

$3.75 for Pina Colada with a splash of rum, etc.

I have read on other threads about different drink special. What kind of specials do they offer on Celebrity? Im just sitting here dreaming about having one by the pool right now !:p

They had Chi Chi's one day-may favorite. It's a Pina Colada but with Vodka instead of Rum.

They were small galsses for the Martini tastings-but they were full. I couldn't drink them all-good deal for $5.

At the first cooking demo they gave us samples of two martinis, and two wines. We also got to taste the tenderloin that they were cooking. It was very entertaining as well, don't miss it.

I agree with the previous poster a Chi Chi is probably to much for Celebrity as a drink of the day as a matter of fact it is nowhere on there bar menu as a possible drink of the day Hardly any blended drinks that you can have with fruit and umbrellas that make you feel like you are on vacation!

On a Caribbean Vacation (or any cruise to my way of thinking) the drinks of the day should be tropical and exotic sounding not boring like Tom Collins, Martini, Screwdriver etc... For some reason Celebrity feels that passengers that enjoy fine dining and a little more formal attire at dinner are stuffy so they gear their whole cruise to what they perceive us to be stuffy boring people! That is not what I have found on my Celebrity cruises and I wish Celebrity would recognize that those of us that love the service, food, and formality at dinner can also be fun loving and want a little spice during the day

On the March 25th sailing,of the Horizon, I decided that I would try food and beverage items from the menus that I had not tried previously, including drinks of the day. (Not being a big drinker, this was a fun and a bit interesting!;) I tried at least one from the list each day.) Cost for each drink of the day was $5.33.... $4.50 for the drink and .68 cents for gratutity.

After viewing this thread, I pulled out my dailys so that I could actually see what the daily choices were. Apparently, there is a 7 day schedule that repeats itself if the cruise is longer; on this particular cruise, day 8 and 9 were a repeat of day 1 and 2.

They specials of the day were as follows:

• 3/25 Tom Collins, Mai-tai, Margarita
  • 3/26 Tropical Cocktail, Tequila Sunrise
  • 3/27 Apricot Sour, Mango Daquiri, Long Island Iced Tea
  • 3/28 Scotch Sour, Manhattan, Coyote Margarita (don't know what was in it, but it became a favorite..... frozen, refreshing, and complete with an umbrella:D !)
  • 3/29 Vodka Sour, Singapore Sling, Rum Runner
  • 3/30 Caiphirina, Chi-Chi, and Yellow Bird
  • 3/31 Bacardi Cocktail, Seabreeze, and Kamakazie

There were two martini tastings on this 10 day cruise, too. Attended one of them. Macop is correct, the 5 sample size glasses were about the size of a Nightquil cup. On the evening I attended, the glasses were only a little over half full...not as full as they were on the tasting on the Constellation in December, but this may have been because there were so many folks at the tasting on the Horizon that it was hard to keep up with the demand! The tasting was held in the Rendevous-Lounge since the martini bar had no actual bar with seating and consists of only about 8-9 tables that accomodate 4-5 people each. The Rendevous-Lounge was nearly full, so alot of folks were sampling that night!:D The tasting is a great deal and gives you the chance to try 5 of the choices from the wide menu selection. On the December sailing, the bartender threw in a sixth for me... he made me a Bloody-tini since he knew that I like Bloody Marys! SSSSHHHHHH!;)

Hope this helps, Bev! You will love Bermuda! I went there on the Horzon last June and will be going again on 6/18! Make sure you go to Horseshoe Beach! :)

There are two drinks also on the special that do not change each day - bloody Mary and one other - can't remeber which. They also have a forzen non-alcholic drink special each day - love the Kiwi Royale and was it Strawberry Kiss?.

There are two drinks also on the special that do not change each day - bloody Mary and one other - can't remeber which. They also have a forzen non-alcholic drink special each day - love the Kiwi Royale and was it Strawberry Kiss?.

Kiwi Royale and Strawberry Kiss.....non-alcholic?? Just wondering:)

Kiwi Royale and Strawberry Kiss.....non-alcholic?? Just wondering:)

Yes the Kiwi Royal was a non-alcoholic drink. And sorry, it was a strawberry whip. They also had a Virgin Kiss as well as a Virgin Pina Colada and Celebrity Dream.

Went back and looked at the bar menu that I got to show a group that we are in that was going on a Celebrity cruise. According to that menu that I have from last Millie trans in 03, there was a different non-alocholic drink special every day for about 50 cents less than the alcoholic drink special.

The cocktail specials included three drinks of the day which change each day as well as a Bloody Mary, Screwdriver, and a Mimosa that are available everyday.

The non-alcoholic drink special of the day was 50 cents less than the regualr non-alcoholic drinks (all frosty drinks).

When we were on the Century, they had some two-for-one sail-away drink specials at the Mast Bar. These specials were only for a couple of hours. The day we tried them, pina coladas and Long Island iced teas were the two-for-one drink specials.

Archived