i'm in the path of frances!!

mchlhaystead

I live 25 miles from the east coast where frances is (at this time is coming ashore). i live in a mobile home......

i live for each hurricane update, hoping for a new path (sorry for others), but we just had a hurricane 3 weeks ago. i also work in a nursing home where we (supervisors) are required to be at the home to assist and keep the residents safe.

we are supposed to sail to alsaka 9/19/2004. my questions is ...if my home is gone should i still go on my trip? my 18 year old daughter says GO! nothing is going to change by not going. what does everyone think?

is anyone else in the path?

thanks, michele

well the noon news does not give much good news.

it is coming without a dout. i am packing what i can. the big concern is the slow speed, charley went through the state in 3-4 hours. frances could take 18-24 hours...NOT GOOD!

more later,

michele

If you're booked on a bahamas cruise and the hurricane is a'comin' be prepared to go to Canada instead of down south. That's what happened to folks we know last year. You actually do agree to it when you buy your ticket. Look under terms and conditions.

We will pray for you and all the others in Florida the next few days. Our daughter lives in Orlando. She had no damage when Charlie hit, but many of her co workers and friends were not so lucky. Regardless, go on your cruise. If everything goes well you will be ready to celebrate and if things are not so positive you can use a break!! NMNita

I think you should go on the cruise. I went thru Charlie and Frances-Charley wasn't to bad (I am on the east coast) Frances hit me pretty hard-(need new roof and my seawall collapsed) but I am going on the Sun 10/30/04 and after all this I can't wait to get the heck out of here and not think about it. As for Ivan he can kiss my #@$#$. Stay Away Ivan. LOL

YES FRANCES GOT US AND I AM NOW A RESIDENT OF THE LOCAL BUDGET INN.

WE LOST 50 PERCENT FOR OUR ROOFING MATERIALS AND THEREFORE HAD SEVERE WATER DAMEGE INSIDE OUR HOME. 5 OF OUR 9 ROOMS FELL IN.

BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS IVAN DOESN'T SCARE ME.SORRY FOR THE OTHER FOLKS, I WOULD NOT WISH THIS ON ANYBODY.

AND YES, WE ARE GOING ON OUR CRUISE. WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING BUT WAIT FOR ADJUSTERS AND FEMA(FEMA CALLED US LAST NIGHT AT 11pm). strange hour but thats ok.

I AM MORE THAN READY FOR HAPPY HOUR ON THE SHIP!

EVERYONE ELSE TAKE CARE.

THANKS FOR THOUGHTS...

MICHELE FROM FLORIDA

Michele --

Sorry to hear about your problems with Frances, but glad YOU are all right. The devastation in Florida is just incomprehensible to those of us who don't have hurricanes -- I watch the news and just despair at the power of mother nature.

Relax and enjoy your cruise, and hopefully your insurance and FEMA will cover most of the damage.

Michele, I am so sorry about your lose but hopefully the cruise will take your mind off of things for a week at least. Our daughter in Orlando has come through both hurricanes with only minor damage, but she is a total basket case. We can't believe another one may be on it's way. I do hope it turns directions. I don't want anyone to get hit, but at least if it goes toward the Gulf Coast it may give Florida a break and hopefully this will be the last major problem for this season.

NMNita

Archived